Are standing desks the latest workplace fad or are they really paying off? With sedentary behaviour at an all-time high, standing workstations have been touted as the ‘next big thing’ to help boost productivity and improve wellbeing at work. Recent studies indicate that these active workstations are indeed beneficial and worth the investment, resulting in a variety of benefits for office employees. So, what’s the low-down on standing desks?
Online study has made getting a degree more accessible, more flexible and more affordable. It can open the door to an exciting career – or career change – for any type of student.
Southern Cross University’s online courses offer a university education without the cost and travel. A postgraduate degree is now as accessible as opening up your laptop.
The Times Higher Education World University Rankings are the only global performance tables that judge research-intensive universities across all their core missions: teaching, research, knowledge transfer and international outlook. And we’re in the Top 500 for 2015-2016.
Find out more about the Times Higher Ed World University Rankings.
Did you miss our recent teleconference with Associate Professor Wendy Gilleard, SCU’s Deputy Head of Health and Human Sciences? Why not catch up now on the benefits of studying a Master of Healthcare Leadership, and how it can:
– Help you move from direct care into leadership and management
– Prepare you for the future of healthcare
– Increase your earning potential and formalise your credentials.
Prime yourself for a future less “greenfield”, in an industry that’s constantly growing and changing.
Join us for a live Q&A teleconference for Southern Cross University’s Online Master of Engineering Management to learn how a it can:
- prepare you to lead and innovate in the top tiers
- develop you skills to work across any engineering discipline
- increase your earning potential, formalise your credentials and help you start your own firm or consultancy.
When you study online with Southern Cross University, you’ll have access to one of the most innovative, user-friendly and comprehensive learning platforms in Australia, PERCI. Our virtual learning environment is easy to use and intuitive, so you can spend your study time studying – not grappling with the software.
Did you miss our live Q&A teleconference with Dr Louise Horstmanshof, course coordinator for the Online Master of Healthcare Leadership, last night?
Some of the questions asked included:
- What’s the difference between a leadership course and a management course, and what are the benefits of doing a leadership course?
- How relevant will what I’m learning be to my current workplace?
- What’s the maximum amount of advanced standing (or recognition of prior learning) I might be granted towards the course?
- Is the Master of Healthcare Leadership a good foundation for studying a PhD?
- Can I study Health Research Methodologies or the Graduate Studies Project as a stand-alone unit?
Catch up now on SoundCloud!