Design your future
A Graduate Diploma in Information Technology Management from Southern Cross University Online bridges the gap between your existing tech knowledge and managerial capabilities. In as few as 16 months, you’ll learn how to deliver large-scale transformation projects, including front-end user experience. The project, people and knowledge management units you may elect to study will be complemented by database design and theory, the study of cloud-based computing and info systems design – helping you evaluate threats and vulnerabilities, and identify ICT opportunity at an enterprise level.
Studying this postgraduate diploma in information technology management online is also an alternate pathway into Southern Cross University’s online Master of Information Technology Management. If you choose to continue your IT study, you’ll receive Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) towards the masters – allowing you to focus on your next big career move.
- Graduate in just 16 months part-time
- Start studying in any one of our six intakes
- 100% online study, with no on-campus commitments
- Study on an engaging, social learning environment
- Gain a qualification from a globally ranked university
- Access a dedicated Student Support Advisor, five days a week
- Exit early and still gain a qualification
- Equivalent to an on-campus qualification
To qualify for entry to the Graduate Diploma in IT Management online, you must:
- have a three (3) year undergraduate degree specialising or majoring in information technology (or in a cognate discipline); OR
- demonstrate professional standing/experience equivalent to an undergraduate qualification;
- and in either case be proficient in English.
Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) is available to those who have undertaken relevant education and/or significant workforce experience. Should you qualify for RPL, you could reduce the length and cost of your degree, getting you in the job you want even sooner.
What you will study
To receive your Graduate Diploma in Information Technology Management, you will need to complete all six core units plus two elective units from either business administration or project management specialisations.
Core Units (complete all)
Emerging Technology in Business
Information Systems Analysis and Design
Electives (Choose 2 from either MBA Specialisation or Project Management)
Corporate Governance for Managers
The Positive Leader
Strategy and Case Analysis
Project Management Principles
Strategic Knowledge Management
Project Management Specialisation
Project Management Principles
Project Management: Initiation and Planning
Project Management: Quality, Control and Risk
Leading and Managing Projects
Project Procurement and Contract Management
Portfolio and Program Management
Continue to a Master of IT Management
Upon finishing your Graduate Diploma in IT Management online, you can choose to continue studying and complete a Master of Information Technology Management. You’ll receive RPL for the units you have completed in the Graduate Diploma, enabling you to progress your career with a more advanced qualification
- Complete four more units to gain a Master of IT Management
For more information about what units you will study, download the brochure.
Download the brochure
For more details about the Graduate Diploma in IT Management online program, complete the form at the top of the page to download your brochure. You’ll receive in-depth information on:
- Entry criteria
- Start dates and duration
- Fees and financing options
- Courses and assessment types
- Industry-related work
- Student support and concierge service
- Careers pathways