Stake your claim as a leader in Project Management
Set yourself apart from your peers with a project management masters that demonstrates your depth of understanding, critical and analytical skills, and serious commitment to your profession.
Aligned with the Project Management Institute’s (PMI) benchmarking tool Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK® Guide), through Southern Cross University’s online postgraduate project management degree, you’ll learn core competencies associated with risk, control, planning, implementation, evaluation, collaboration and systems analysis, all adaptable to your chosen industry. More than anything, our online Master of Project Management is about giving you options. You can study broadly, focus your degree towards one or more areas of specialisation, or tailor your study to an emerging field.
- Graduate in just two years part-time
- Start studying in any one of our six intakes
- Study on a leading edge learning environment
- 100% online study, with no on-campus commitments
- Gain a qualification from a globally ranked university
- Access a dedicated Student Support Advisor, five days a week
- Exit early and still gain a qualification
- Equivalent to an on-campus qualification
To qualify for entry into the Master of Project Management online, you must:
- Hold a Bachelor’s degree in any discipline with a minimum of two years’ work experience in a professional environment; or
- Have over five years’ work experience/professional standing that is regarded by the Academic Board as equivalent to an undergraduate degree.
- Be proficient in English.
Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) is available to those who have undertaken relevant education and/or significant workforce experience.
Why study a Master of Project Management?
MPM course coordinator, David Noble explains how a Masters degree in project management will enable you to progress further in your career.
Why study a Master of Project Management?
The beauty about project management is that it’s scalable: it’s scalable from a birthday party to a new port or new railway system.
And so – rather than an industry needing project management, every industry needs project management and so, therefore, when you do a project management Masters with Southern Cross University Online, you are setting yourself up to work in literally any industry.
All industries today, and particularly in a globalised, digital economy rely on project management to introduce change, new products, new services – and it really doesn’t matter whether you’re in construction or engineering or financial services, or any of those industries, they all rely on project management to deliver new products, services and change.
So, a lot of people wonder why they should do a Masters of project management rather than just get an industry certification. Well, it’s easy, really – because an industry certification; sure, they’ll fill your head with a lot of facts and basically, what they will do is equip you to pass an exam.
But, if you want to learn at a much deeper level, not just the surface level, but a deeper level, where you’re able to think critically and analytically and creatively, then that’s where studying a Masters comes in.
Because, what we want you to do is to be able to take all of those facts, which we teach as well, but then to be able to apply them in such a variety of circumstances; that you’ll have confidence to go into any market, any country, any situation and be able to apply them in a very creative and competent manner.
What you can study
Not all project management courses online offer the breadth of business insights that are required for a well-rounded professional career in project management roles. Southern Cross University Online’s Master of Project Management delivers a choice of electives that cover six core business functions.
Part A: The core units
- Project Management Principles
- Project Management: Initiation and Planning
- Project Management: Quality, Control and Risk
- Leading and Managing Projects
- Project Procurement and Contract Management
- Portfolio and Program Management
Part B: Electives
- Accounting (2 units available)
- Business Management (5 units available)
- Engineering Management (2 units available)
- Health Services Management (4 units available)
- Information and Knowledge Management (3 units available)
- Managing and Leading People (4 units available)
Part C: Research project (compulsory)
- Industry Research Project A
- Industry Research Project B
For more information about what’s involved in each unit, download the brochure.
Early exit options
We know plans change. That’s why we’ve built a flexible completion option into the Master of Project Management. If you need to exit early for whatever reason, you could still receive a postgraduate qualification based on the units you’ve completed.
Exit with a Graduate Certificate
- By completing four units – all Part A units.
Exit with a Graduate Diploma
- By completing eight units – all Part A and two Part B units.
Steven Walsh, online Master of Project Management graduate
Download the brochure
For more details about the Master of Project Management online program, complete the form at the top of the page to download your brochure. You’ll receive in-depth information on:
- Entry criteria
- Start dates and duration
- Fees and financing options
- Courses and assessment types
- Industry-related work
- Student support and concierge service
- Careers pathways
5-STAR Student Support
5-STAR Median Graduate Starting Salary
5-STAR Graduate Employment
Bold, progressive and just 23 years of age – Southern Cross University is one of the Asia-Pacific’s Top 100 Universities and one of the world’s Top 50 Generation Y Universities.
SCU’s online programs meet all of the AQF guidelines, ensuring you a quality education.