Studying online with SCU
When you study online at SCU Online, you can create a tailored timetable that fits around your schedule—whether you’re working full-time, raising a family or just looking to take the next step in your career.
- Learn anytime, anywhere and on any device
- Coursework involves real-time engagement and self-directed study
- Interactive learning environment includes video, audio, forums and practical exercises
- Each unit is studied across a seven-week period
- Six study periods offered across the year, focusing on one subject at a time
- One-on-one support from your personal advisor to assist you throughout your study.
Interactive, on-the-go learning
Your learning can take place anytime, anywhere and on any device. You can actively engage with lecturers and other students, no matter where you—or they—are located.
Our smart, interactive learning environment delivers content to you in all sorts of ways including video, audio and hands-on practical exercises, and suits a variety of learning types. The online study experience is every bit as community-oriented as learning on-campus would be, keeping you connected with peers, lecturers and academics.
Personalised support when you need it
We offer you personalised, one-on-one support to keep you motivated and goal-oriented to ensure you reach your learning objectives. As well as being connected to your peers and academics, you’ll have your own dedicated Student Success Advisor to assist you through your online study journey, starting from the time you contact us through to graduation.
Your Student Success Advisor will:
- Discuss your career goals to make sure you’ve chosen the right course
- Help to prepare your application documents and provides step-by-step guidance through the process
- Assist with planning your study schedule for success
- Answer any questions you have throughout your study journey via phone, email and live webchat.
Six study periods a year to fast-track your learning
Offering six study periods per year, each of our units is studied across a seven-week period. This model allows you to study up to six units per year, fast-tracking your learning, to then be able to get your Masters in as little as two years part-time.
- Enrol at a time that suits you – start studying online in any of our study periods (February, April, July, September, October or December)
- Focus on one unit at a time to consolidate your learning
- Study up to six units per year and graduate sooner
- Tailor your study schedule to suit your lifestyle—if you know things are getting busy at work next month, you can sit that study period out.
A wealth of experience in online learning
Southern Cross University is one of Australia’s pioneers in distance and online education. With over 20 years of accredited experience, we now have more than 5,000 people studying with us through distance learning.
We understand how to incorporate connectivity so you feel engaged with your peers and academics, while delivering information in a way that you can take away and absorb at your own pace.
Learn more about Southern Cross University Online.
Got more questions?
Get in touch via an online enquiry or give us a call on 1300 589 882.