Studying online with SCU
When you choose online study with Southern Cross University, you can learn anytime, anywhere and on any device. You can engage with lecturers and other students no matter where you are – or where they are.
- Interactive learning environment includes video, audio, forums and practical exercises
- Coursework involves real-time engagement and self-directed study
- Seven-week study periods in which to complete each unit
- The ability to focus on a single unit every study period and as many as six units every year
- One-on-one support from your personal Success Advisor throughout the year.
An interactive digital community
They can deliver content to you in all sorts of ways that suit a variety of learning types – among them video, audio and hands-on practical exercises.
Personalised support when you need it
Your Student Success Advisor can:
- Discuss your career goals to make sure you’ve chosen the right course
- Assist with planning your study schedule for success
- Answer any questions you have throughout your study journey via phone, email and live webchat.
Study that fits around your schedule
Studying online as a postgraduate student with Southern Cross provides many advantages for busy professionals, full-time parents and people on-the-go. One of the most valuable is the ability to tailor a study timetable that fits around your schedule.
As you would with traditional study, you’ll need to meet essay and assignment deadlines, however, you can review lectures, listen to tutorials and catch up on reading exactly when your schedule allows.
The flexibility of six study periods a year
If you’ve ever completed traditional on-campus study, you might be familiar with two-semester years, and perhaps summer (or even winter) semesters. Studying online with Southern Cross is quite a bit different – and a lot more flexible.
We offer six seven-week study periods per year, and you can study a single unit across each study period. As part of this model, you can study as many as six units a year, meaning you can fast-track your learning and earn your degree sooner than you would through alternative study options.
Of course, six is the maximum. You can choose precisely the number that works for you and the rest of your life – your work, your family and your social engagements. In fact, you can take a year off from study if you really need to.
Better still, you can start at any of our six intake periods during the year: January, March, April, July, August or October – whichever is most convenient for you.
In the end, you can work towards a full Masters such as an MBA in as few as two years.
Study with an online education pioneer
Southern Cross has been involved in online education for more than two decades. We now have more than 5,000 people studying courses online, or studying distance education, with us per year.
Learn more about Southern Cross University Online.