Set yourself up for success
Are you ready to build your skills and knowledge in project management?
Study the Graduate Diploma in Project Management with SCU Online. You’ll learn project management principles including: initiation and planning; quality control and risk, project procurement, contract management; and portfolio and program management.
SCU Online’s Graduate Diploma in Project Management is Accredited by the Australian Institute of Project Management (AIPM).
The skills and knowledge you learn studying a Graduate Diploma in Project Management are transferable across different roles and industries. Even if you completely change career – skills you learn while studying your diploma will come with you.
- Project Administrator
- Senior Project Manager
- PMO Manager
- Business Intelligence Consultant
- Project Analyst
Your exceptional skills in project management help achieve business objectives.
You may undertake administration of contracts, organisational programs, special projects and support services. You are a major point of contact for business stakeholders and you will have a unique ability to anticipate business needs.
Senior Project Manager
You may work as part of the Project Management Office (PMO) on projects within a program, or may be a lead project manager on a given project, developing, planning and delivering projects systematically – using tools and change management frameworks.
As the manager of the Project Management Office you’ll ensure the successful delivery of project services, including scope and variation control, timelines and schedules, costs, estimates, quality assurance, risk and issue management, communications, procurement and contracts, document control, steering committee reporting and more.
Business Intelligence Consultant
Design intelligent business solutions for your workplace and your clients. Use your knowledge of tools and technologies to implement business solutions and manage projects.
Support the implementation and delivery of strategic and resourcing initiatives across the business. Analysis and management of data collected may also be part of your role.
What you will study
To get a Graduate Diploma in Project Management online, you need to successfully complete eight (8) units (96 credit points) comprising:
- All six (6) Part A units (They’re also the foundation units for Southern Cross University Online’s MPM)
- Two (2) Elective units from Part B
To qualify for your grad diploma, you will complete the core units from Part A, and choose two units from Part B.
Part A: Core units
- Project Management Principles
- Project Management: Initiation and Planning
- Project Management: Quality, Control and Risk
- Leading and Managing Projects
- Project Procurement and Contract Management
- Portfolio and Program Management
Part B: Electives (choose 2 units)
- Accounting (2 units available)
- Business Management (5 units available)
- Engineering Management (2 units available)
- Health Services Management (4 units available)
- Information and Knowledge Management (3 units available)
- Managing and Leading People (4 units available)
For more information about what’s involved in each unit, download the brochure.
Pathway to Master of Project Management
When you finish your Graduate Diploma in Project Management, if you wish to take your learning further you can apply for Southern Cross University Online’s Master of Project Management and receive advanced standing for the units you have completed. This is a fantastic starting point to gaining an industry-accredited Masters degree.
If you think you might continue with further project management study, talk to your Enrolment Advisor about it now. They can help you plan your units of study to make sure you’ll meet the requirements of each postgraduate qualification, every step of the way.
- Demonstrated professional standing – either a Bachelor’s degree (or a similar qualification) from a university, or have other experience that we regard as equivalent to a degree.
- Be proficient in English
Learning with Southern Cross University Online
Southern Cross University Online’s Graduate Certificate in Project Management fits around your work and your lifestyle. Units are delivered by tech-savvy academics via a fresh, smart, collaborative and interactive interface.
- 100% online and flexible – complete 6 units in a year, or skip a study period if life or work demands your full attention.
- Student success support – from enquiry to graduation, we are there for you
- Networked for success – meet your future colleagues and collaborators
This information is correct at time of release and subject to change without notice. Copyright Southern Cross University March 2018.
Download the brochure
For more details about the Graduate Diploma in Project Management online program, complete the form at the top of the page to download your brochure. You’ll receive in-depth information on:
- Entry criteria
- Start dates and duration
- Fees and financing options
- Courses and assessment types
- Industry-related work
- Student support and concierge service
- Careers pathways
This course has been endorsed by the Australian Institute of Project Management.
5-STAR Student Support
5-STAR Teaching Quality
5-STAR Social Equity
Bold, progressive and just 23 years of age – Southern Cross University is one of the Asia-Pacific’s Top 100 Universities and one of the world’s Top 50 Generation Y Universities.
SCU’s online programs meet all of the AQF guidelines, ensuring you a quality education.