Make an impact with your business law degree
If you are a lawyer looking to enhance your skills in the challenging area of corporate and commercial law, then the online Master of Laws (Business Law) is the right choice for you. Whether you are working in the public or private sector, you can progress up the career ladder with a practical business law specialisation. This Masters degree offers you the opportunity to further develop your critical thinking and analytical skills while gaining in-depth, practical legal knowledge to strengthen your professional practice.
This accelerated postgraduate law qualification is designed for lawyers who want fast-tracked learning to gain a specialised degree that can be applied while working full-time. Set yourself apart with a 100% online Master of Laws (Business Law) from Southern Cross University.
Professor Bill MacNeil, SCU Head of School of Law and Justice
Watch Professor MacNeil discuss the benefits of a Master of Laws (Business Law) from Southern Cross University Online.
An Introduction to the Master of Laws (Business Law)
At the School of Law and Justice, we take our students seriously. You have priority at our School.
An LLM is designed for candidates who have prior legal training and usually, some legal experience, so that’s not necessarily a requirement.
So, if you’re a recent graduate, junior solicitor or barrister, or a senior practitioner who wants specialisation, the LLM in business law at Southern Cross University’s School of Law and Justice is a perfect postgraduate option for you.
We are training a variety of lawyers; a diversity of legal practitioners whether they’re in the private sector or the public sector, whether they’re young or old, whether they’re seasoned or newbies.
- Graduate in just 16 months part-time
- Start studying in any one of our six intakes
- Study on an engaging, social learning environment
- 100% online study, with no on-campus commitments
- Gain a qualification from a globally ranked university
- One of the very few LLM degrees in Australia offered 100% online
- Ongoing support from a dedicated Student Success Advisor
- Rigorous, practical learning outcomes and industry-led content
To qualify for the Master of Laws online in Business Law, you must have:
- A Bachelor degree in law (LLB, JD, or equivalent) at Honours standard, or equivalent; or
- A Bachelor degree in law (LLB, JD, or equivalent), and two years of documented relevant professional experience.
Don’t have an undergraduate degree in law? You could be eligible for the Master of Business Law degree.
What you’ll study
Part A (Capstone)
- Advanced Legal Research
Part B (Electives) – choose seven units
- Advanced Intellectual Property Law
- Advanced Property Law
- Competition Law
- Consumer Law
- Global Business Law
- Litigation and Corporations
- Tax Law
- The Law of Corporate Governance
Flexible exit options
If you need to take a break from study, our Master of Laws (Business Law) has a built-in early exit point, enabling you to receive a qualification based on the units you’ve completed.
- Receive a Graduate Certificate in Laws (Business Law)* by completing four units.
*University pending approval
Zohra Ali, Associate Lawyer and current Master of Laws (Business Law) student
Download the brochure
For more details about the Master of Laws (Business Law) online course, complete the form at the top of the page to download your brochure. You’ll receive in-depth information on:
- Entry criteria
- Course duration
- Fees and financing options
- Courses and assessment types
- Industry-related work
- Student support
- Careers pathways
^ Southern Cross University offer both online and on-campus versions of these units. This information refers to the online version. Please check the unit listing at scu.edu.au or ask your Student Enrolment Advisor for more information.
This information is correct at time of release and subject to change without notice. Copyright Southern Cross University May 2018.
5-STAR Student Support
5-STAR Median Graduate Starting Salary
5-STAR Graduate Employment
Bold, progressive and just 23 years of age – Southern Cross University is one of the Asia-Pacific’s Top 100 Universities and one of the world’s Top 50 Generation Y Universities.
SCU’s online programs meet all of the AQF guidelines, ensuring you a quality education.