Manage connections between IT and business
As an IT specialist, you know how complex information systems work. But do you have management skills to implement state-of-the-art solutions across multiple levels of business?
An online Master of Information Technology Management provides you with the skills needed to lead and manage strategic objectives across business units. It prepares you to step into senior management positions with a deeper understanding of the issues affecting the management of IT teams and processes, while building connections between the IT and wider business departments.
- Graduate in just two years part-time
- Start studying in any one of our six intakes
- Study on an engaging, social learning environment
- 100% online study, with no on-campus commitments
- Gain a qualification from a globally ranked university
- Access a dedicated Student Support Advisor, five days a week
- Exit early and still gain a qualification
- Equivalent to an on-campus qualification
To qualify for entry to the Master of Information Technology Management, you must:
- have a three (3) year undergraduate degree specialising or majoring in information technology (or in a cognate discipline); or
- demonstrate professional standing/experience equivalent to an undergraduate cognate degree.
- In both cases, you must be proficient in English.
Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) is available to those who have undertaken relevant education and/or significant workforce experience.
What you’ll study
We understand that sometimes life gets in the way of your plans. That’s why our online IT Masters in management has built-in early exit points, allowing you to receive a qualification based on the units you’ve completed, if you need to take a break.
The best part? Everything you complete will be credited towards your online Masters in IT management if you choose to come back at a later stage to finish it off.
To receive your Masters, you will complete all 8 core units, and choose 4 units from either MBA specialisation or the Project Management Specialisation.
Core Units (all 8 units)
Emerging Technology in Business
Information Systems Analysis and Design
Information Systems Security Management
Managing Digital Enterprise
Managing Information Systems
Industry Research Project: Part A
Industry Research Project: Part B
Electives (Choose 4 units from either MBA Specialisation or Project Management)
Corporate Governance for Managers
The Positive Leader
Strategy and Case Analysis
Project Management Principles
Strategic Knowledge Management
Project Management Specialisation
Project Management Principles
Project Management: Initiation and Planning
Project Management: Quality, Control and Risk
Leading and Managing Projects
Project Procurement and Contract Management
Portfolio and Program Management
For more information about what units you will study, download the brochure.
John Bell, Master of Information Technology Management current online student
Download the brochure
For more details about the Master of IT Management online program, complete the form at the top of the page to download your brochure. You’ll receive in-depth information on:
- Entry criteria
- Start dates and duration
- Fees and financing options
- Courses and assessment types
- Industry-related work
- Student support and concierge service
- Careers pathways
5-STAR Student Support
5-STAR Median Graduate Starting Salary
5-STAR Graduate Employment
Bold, progressive and just 23 years of age – Southern Cross University is one of the Asia-Pacific’s Top 100 Universities and one of the world’s Top 50 Generation Y Universities.
SCU’s online programs meet all of the AQF guidelines, ensuring you a quality education.