Cover the core of knowledge management in theory and practice. From a managerial perspective, you’ll examine knowledge management models and develop an appreciation for how various components of business contribute to the strategic management of knowledge.
You will approach strategic knowledge management in terms of the current business environment, as well as in the context of future challenges. By exploring how businesses operate and how internal knowledge is collaborated and shared will further enhance your understanding of how to develop an effective knowledge management strategy.
In this unit, you will study:
- Introduction to strategic knowledge management
- Knowledge management frameworks
- Knowledge management strategies
- Knowledge management teams
- Knowledge management activities
- Role of organisational culture
- Knowledge management tools
- Knowledge management metrics
- Organisational learning
- Challenges for knowledge management.
Please refer to the teaching and assessment breakdown for this unit.
Please note, unit structure and content are subject to change. Contact your SCU Online student advisor on 1300 589 882 for more information based on your particular circumstances.