Provides students with an overall understanding of database concepts and theory. Students will learn the steps required to design and build databases and the key elements required to manage and maintain databases in an enterprise. Furthermore, students will learn the importance of big data and security in database management. In this unit you will study:
- Topic 1: Database fundamentals
- Topic 2: Using databases and scripts
- Topic 3: Data modelling and database design
- Topic 4: Physical database design and client-server databases
- Topic 5: Database administration and security
- Topic 6: Big data and database warehousing
- Analyse and model business information requirements using the relational modelling technique.
- Apply database design principles, methods and tools to design, build and test the functionality of a database.
- Implement the key managerial functions for effective and secure administration of an enterprise’s databases.
- Articulate the importance of big data and big data analytics to business managers and other stakeholders.
- Quiz - 10%
- Create and test a database - 35%
- Quiz - 10%
- Design, create and test a database and develop documentation report - 45%
You can study this unit as part of the Master of Business Administration, Master of IT Management, or Master of Project Management. Please note, unit structure and content are subject to change. Contact your SCU Online student advisor on 1300 589 882 for more information based on your particular circumstances.