The study of Organisational Behaviour is essential to becoming a successful manager or future leader. You’ll analyse factors influencing the dynamics of organisational culture and develop communication skills to prepare you for leadership roles in corporate environments.
Learn how to deal with conflict and change, while developing an appreciation for the employee diversity. Cultivate critical thinking and proactive problem-solving skills, then put them into practice. Make links between employee behaviour and organisational restructuring, and understand the values that can come about from positive workplace culture.
In this unit, you will study:
- Organisations and the individual
- Management and organisational behaviour
- Diversity of internal and external environments of the organisation
- Human behaviour and individual differences of employees
- Solving problems and making decisions.
- Interpersonal and group processes
- Understanding and managing inter-group dynamics
- Communicating effectively in organisational settings
- Managing collaboration and conflict.
- The organisational system
- Organisational structure and design
- Organisational culture and ethical behaviour
- Managing organisational change and development.
Please refer to the teaching and assessment breakdown for this unit.
Please note, unit structure and content are subject to change. Contact your SCU Online student advisor on 1300 589 882 for more information based on your particular circumstances.