The study of Organisational Behaviour is essential to becoming a successful manager or future leader. You’ll analyse factors influencing the dynamics of organisational culture and develop communication skills to prepare you for leadership roles in corporate environments.
Learn how to deal with conflict and change, while developing an appreciation for the employee diversity. Cultivate critical thinking and proactive problem-solving skills, then put them into practice. Make links between employee behaviour and organisational restructuring, and understand the values that can come about from positive workplace culture.
In this unit, you will study:
- Organisations and the individual
- Management and organisational behaviour: an overview
- Linking attitudes to workplace behaviour
- Personality and values: understanding individual worker differences
- Perception and decision-making
- Motivation in the workplace
- Interpersonal and group processes
- Understanding and managing inter-group dynamics
- Managing collaboration and conflict.
- The organisational system
- Organisational structure and design
- Organisational culture and ethical behaviour
- Managing organisational change and development.
- Critically analyse the determinants of workplace bahviour
- Discuss how organisational effectiveness is influences by diversity of the internal and external environment
- Apply problem solving and decision making techniques to the organisational context
- Describe the processes associated with effective communication, motivation, and managing people through collaboration and conflict in an organisational context
- Evaluate and discuss issues relevant to the study of organisational design, culture and change
You are assessed according to the following components, each with its own weighted value against your overall result:
- Literature review: 35%
- Case study: 35%
- Exam (closed book): 30%
Please note, unit structure and content are subject to change. Contact your SCU Online student advisor on 1300 589 882 for more information based on your particular circumstances.