Discover all you need to know about information systems from a managerial point of view. In addition to learning how resources can be used effectively to achieve competitive advantage, you will grasp how to make connections between information systems and business efficiency, and understand the importance of proper implementation and evaluation.
By looking at global external factors and the implications of IT in business, you will hone your decision-making and knowledge management skills.
In this unit, you will study:
- Overview and foundation study
- Information systems for competitive advantages
- Information systems: planning, developing and implementing information systems
- Information systems: infrastructure management (hardware, software and networks) and data resource management
- Information systems for business operations (internal and external relations)
- Information systems for decision support, collaboration and knowledge management.
Please refer to the teaching and assessment breakdown for this unit.
Please note, unit structure and content are subject to change. Contact your SCU Online student advisor on 1300 589 882 for more information based on your particular circumstances.