Delve deeper into the techniques, tools and methods behind information systems. In this unit, you’ll analyse the feasibility and risks associated with design and development. You’ll build an awareness of the activities involved in a business, gaining insight into the socio-technical issues affecting the management of these processes.
This unit will develop your analytical skills through system requirements analysis, problem identification, feasibility assessment, chart production and case analysis. You’ll also apply various techniques to the analysis of current systems and modelling of future systems, as well as describe quality assurance procedures in software development.
In this unit, you will study:
- Information systems: Concepts, development approaches and project management
- Systems planning, feasibility analysis and risk management
- Determining requirements
- Analysing requirements: Use cases and entities
- Modelling requirements and alternatives for implementation
- System design, implementation and support.
Please refer to the teaching and assessment breakdown for this unit.
Please note, unit structure and content are subject to change. Contact your SCU Online student advisor on 1300 589 882 for more information based on your particular circumstances.