In this unit, you will have the opportunity to broaden and deepen your understanding of literature analysis and research design in relation to an area relevant to professional practice. You will produce a critical literature review to a peer-review standard.
You will study:
- Developing the research question
- Examining a systematic literature review and how it is done
- Methodology vs Methods
- Presenting the Results
- Elements of a comprehensive Discussion and Conclusion section
- Writing for Publication.
- Develop a research question that critically examines an area of personal interest, located within your discipline or course specialisation
- Comprehensively and systematically scope and critique the studies that will allow you to address the research question
- Prepare a robust reproducible comprehensive critique of the literature in a format appropriate for publication in a peer-reviewed journal relevant to your discipline and research interest.
You will be assessed on the following components, each with its own weighted value against your overall result:
- Report on Research Method: 40%
- Literature review: 60%
Please note, unit structure and content are subject to change. Contact your SCU Online student advisor on 1300 589 882 for more information based on your particular circumstances.