Get your MBA in Sydney – 100% online
Corporate Sydneysiders will recognise that their city is a hub of entrepreneurial opportunities and commercial culture. With a Gross Regional Product (GRP) of over $300 billion, and an economy that accounts for one-fifth of Australia’s Gross Domestic Product (GDP), the nation’s largest city promises no shortage of opportunities for a determined individual.
If you’ve already got your foot in the door, why should study be the reason you leave the workforce? A Master of Business Administration with Southern Cross University Online is the perfect choice for modern Sydney-based students. With 63% of two-year MBA graduates receiving job offers before even graduating, now is the perfect time to capitalise on the increased demand for students with business knowledge and experience. Providing the opportunity to work whenever, wherever it suits, there’s no better way to increase your qualifications with an MBA from Sydney.
Flexible online study for Sydney’s busy professionals
Whether you’re based in Parramatta, Bondi or Sydney’s CBD, with an online MBA from SCU Online, you can hone practical business knowledge from your apartment, your local library, or even over lunch. Delivered via a dynamic, interactive learning environment, you receive the rigorous education as an on-campus student, with the added convenience of building it around your busy schedule.
Our MBA course delivers the strategies necessary for 21st century management, and the latest concepts in business thinking. It’s also designed to suit you – with four specialisations to ensure you get what you need from your online MBA studied from Sydney. MBA students who study online will be exposed to a variety of business environments through case studies, analysis and their own professional portfolio.
With a particular focus on leadership, we foster the skills necessary to create tomorrow’s captains of industry, small business and specialised consultants in Sydney’s booming business development. Through carefully crafted curriculum, you can embrace your true potential.
Specialise or generalise your degree
Studying online from Sydney? Specialise or study a generalist MBA online.
You have two options:
- Study our comprehensive suite of business units with a specialisation in one of our four key fields: accounting, health services management, information knowledge management or managing and leading people. This is an effective way to gain the deep knowledge you need to enhance your professional expertise.
- Study our comprehensive suite of business units without a specialisation, gaining skills and knowledge from a variety of units, and graduate with an understanding of every facet of business.
To learn more about how you can specialise or generalise your MBA from Sydney, follow this link.
What you can study
Your online MBA comprises of three parts: the compulsory units (Part A), your electives (Part B) and the foundation units (Part C). Part A and C provide you with core business learnings and outcomes, while Part B is where you can really hone your skills for a particular industry or discipline.
To see what units you can study as part of your online MBA in Sydney, follow this link.
Sydney’s career and industry outlook
The business world is constantly evolving in Sydney, and so too are online MBA courses. Now, more than ever, the knowledge and leadership skills needed to successfully carry out management roles is in high demand across a number of sectors, including accounting and finance, business management, and other non-business specific fields.
Graduates of a Master of Business Administration degree are being sought out by employers across Sydney as they’re understood to be a genuine asset to a company. Over the last five years, the demand for MBA graduates has grown by over 62% worldwide.
It is estimated that by the end of 2016, 75% of employers across Asia-Pacific will be seeking MBA graduates to join their organisations. This is largely because of their solid preparation for management roles, in-depth problem-solving skills and professional networks.
Backing this up, a separate Graduate Management Admission Council (GMAC) survey also found that:
- 96% of employers agree that hiring business school graduates creates value for their companies; and
- 68% of employers agree that recruiting graduates of MBA program is a priority in their company’s hiring plans.
Sydney online MBA entry/exit options
We know that plans change. That’s why we’ve built flexible entry and completion options for those studying their online Master of Business Administration from Sydney.
This means that if you need to exit earlier than expected, you could still receive a postgraduate business degree through our online Graduate Certificate in Business or Graduate Diploma in Business, based on the units you’ve completed.
If you decide to return to your online MBA from Sydney at a later date, you’ll receive advanced standing towards your degree. Studying a postgraduate business degree online with Southern Cross University, with our flexibility and accessibility, is a win-win!
To qualify for entry into our online MBA, Sydneysiders must:
- Demonstrate professional standing – either a bachelor’s degree (or a similar qualification) from a university, or have other experience that we regard as equivalent to a degree.
- Be proficient in English.
When you apply for the Sydney based online MBA, we calculate advanced standing by looking at your particular education and experience. However, this outline will give you a good idea of what you may receive.
You may receive the four units in Part C as advanced standing, reducing your total study time by up to eight months, if you have:
- a bachelor degree in a similar field; or
- a graduate certificate in business, or an equivalent qualification
You may also receive advanced standing if you:
- demonstrate other academic or professional standing approved by our School Board
- have completed units through our Executive Management Program; or
- have five years’ relevant work experience or professional qualifications through formal or non-formal study.
Learning with SCU Online from Sydney
Southern Cross University’s Sydney based online MBA courses fit around your work and your lifestyle. Units are delivered by tech-savvy academics via a fresh, smart, collaborative and interactive interface.
- 100% online and flexible – complete six units a year, or skip a study period if life or work demands your full attention.
- Student success support – from enquiry to graduation, we are there for you.
- Networked for success – meet your future colleagues and collaborators.
Find out more about studying online.