Unleash your potential: 100% online MBA in Perth
Officially the “world’s most isolated capital city”, Perth is a city unlike any other place in Australia. Business dealings may be dominated by the east coast, but there’s plenty going on out west too. The relaxed and friendly environment of Perth often encourages a different style of commercial dealings, which appeal to a range of corporate industries and businesses.
With the past decade having ushered in a period of strong growth, the West Australian capital generates just under $40 billion dollars per year. Although dominated by the mining sector, Perth nevertheless offers a variety of opportunities for professionals who want to get ahead in one of the Australia’s most booming cities. In a city of options, why not continue a flexible approach with a MBA online?
Study how, when and where you choose
Whether from the comfort of your home in Fremantle, the shores of Claremont or your favourite coffee shop in North Perth, you can advance your career through an online MBA from Southern Cross University Online.
Honing your skills in management and leadership, finance and the global digital economy, our online MBA has been designed by the same expert academics as the on-campus offering, meaning you receive the same rigorous education from the comfort and convenience of your Perth location.
Our MBA online curriculum provides a diverse subject choice guaranteed to ensure you get the most out of your knowledge and interests. Students can choose to delve into topics as broad as corporation law, accounting and strategic planning. In addition, our hands-on learning options allow you to explore what you are most passionate about, with research and portfolio courses that work with your existing experience to deliver the highest possible outcomes. A strong focus on the potential of digital systems will also enable you to flourish in the modern business environment.
Your future starts now with online study
SCU Online proudly delivers a fully online MBA to professionals in Perth. Purpose built to suit the busy professional lifestyle, our online learning environment offering the flexibility to engage with an up-to-the-minute curriculum through a digitally unique platform. Dynamic, interactive and easy to navigate, this sought after postgraduate degree means you can study wherever, whenever suits your bustling schedule.
In addition, our online support team is second-to-none, and can help you find the right balance between work, study and your lifestyle. With plenty of options to fit every need, there’s no reason to put it off advancing your career any longer.
By having the option to specialise or create a well-rounded study program, you can tailor your MBA to suit your unique career goals and needs. Take advantage of the Perth business boom and get your MBA online from SCU Online.
Specialise or generalise your degree
Studying online from Perth? Specialise or study a generalist MBA online.
You have two options:
- Study our comprehensive suite of business units with a specialisation in one of our four key fields: accounting, health services management, information knowledge management or managing and leading people. This is an effective way to gain the deep knowledge you need to enhance your professional expertise.
- Study our comprehensive suite of business units without a specialisation, gaining skills and knowledge from a variety of units, and graduate with an understanding of every facet of business.
To learn more about how you can specialise or generalise your MBA from Perth, follow this link.
What you can study
Your online MBA comprises of three parts: the compulsory units (Part A), your electives (Part B) and the foundation units (Part C). Part A and C provide you with core business learnings and outcomes, while Part B is where you can really hone your skills for a particular industry or discipline.
To see what units you can study as part of your online MBA in Perth, follow this link.
Perth’s career and industry outlook
The business world is constantly evolving, and so too are online MBA courses. Now, more than ever, the knowledge and leadership skills needed to successfully carry out management roles is in high demand across a number of sectors, including accounting and finance, business management, and other non-business specific fields.
Graduates of a Master of Business Administration degree are being sought out by employers as they’re understood to be a genuine asset to a company. Over the last five years, the demand for MBA graduates has grown by over 62% worldwide.
It is estimated that by the end of 2016, 75% of employers across Asia-Pacific will be seeking MBA graduates to join their organisations. This is largely because of their solid preparation for management roles, in-depth problem-solving skills and professional networks.
Backing this up, a separate Graduate Management Admission Council (GMAC) survey also found that:
- 96% of employers* agree that hiring business school graduates creates value for their companies; and
- 68% of employers* agree that recruiting graduates of MBA program is a priority in their company’s hiring plans.
Perth online MBA entry/exit options
We know that plans change. That’s why we’ve built flexible entry and completion options for those studying their online Master of Business Administration from Perth.
This means that if you need to exit earlier than expected, you could still receive a postgraduate business degree through our online Graduate Certificate in Business or Graduate Diploma in Business, based on the units you’ve completed.
If you decide to return to your MBA online from Perth at a later date, you’ll receive advanced standing towards your degree. Studying a postgraduate business degree online with Southern Cross University, with our flexibility and accessibility, is a win-win!
To qualify for entry into our online MBA, Perth students must:
- Demonstrated professional standing – either a bachelor’s degree (or a similar qualification) from a university, or have other experience that we regard as equivalent to a degree.
- Be proficient in English.
When you apply for the Perth-based online MBA, we calculate advanced standing by looking at your particular education and experience. However, this outline will give you a good idea of what you may receive.
You may receive the four units in Part C as advanced standing, reducing your total study time by up to eight months, if you have:
- a bachelor degree in a similar field; or
- a graduate certificate in business, or an equivalent qualification
You may also receive advanced standing if you:
- demonstrate other academic or professional standing approved by our School Board
- have completed units through our Executive Management Program; or
- have five years’ relevant work experience or professional qualifications through formal or non-formal study.
Learning with SCU Online from Perth
Southern Cross University’s Perth-based online MBA courses fit around your work and your lifestyle. Units are delivered by tech-savvy academics via a fresh, smart, collaborative and interactive interface.
- 100% online and flexible – complete six units a year, or skip a study period if life or work demands your full attention.
- Student success support – from enquiry to graduation, we are there for you.
- Networked for success – meet your future colleagues and collaborators.
Find out more about studying online.