A Melbourne MBA: Online and on your terms
Melbourne is a city built on diversity and innovation, both in its culture and its corporations. With professional and technical services dominating the economy, closely followed by the financial sector, this workforce provides a major contribution to both Victoria and the nation. Surrounded by energy and enthusiasm, it’s easy to see why Melbournians are embracing entrepreneurs and those with a drive to succeed.
With the right attitude, and support from Southern Cross University Online, an online MBA could have you joining their ranks in no time.
Study wherever and however suits you
Delivering a fully online MBA to professionals in Melbourne. SCU Online’s MBA studied from Melbourne offers you the flexibility to engage with an up-to-the-minute curriculum. This sought-after postgraduate degree is delivered via a dynamic, interactive learning environment, so you can study wherever, whenever suits your bustling schedule.
The fully online MBA course is built by the same academics who deliver the on-campus course. You receive the same rigorous education as an on-campus student, with the added convenience of building it around your busy schedule.
Study units relevant to Melbourne’s booming business world
Students based in Melbourne pursuing an MBA online can take an up close and personal look at topics as diverse as accounting, corporate governance, human resources, and global business practices. With a focus on the evolving digital economy and its role in influencing every facet of the business world, you’ll develop the skill to keep up with emerging trends.
Our double-weighted Industry Research Project provides the opportunity for you to stretch your wings and delve deep into the areas that most interest you.
SCU Online vales the opportunities afforded by both classroom learning and workplace experience, to provide a well-rounded degree that enhances every student’s unique perspective. From finance to management, an online Melbourne based MBA can provide you with the knowledge you need to take on one of Australia’s most dynamic corporate sectors.
Specialise or generalise your degree
Studying online from Melbourne? Specialise or study a generalist MBA online.
You have two options:
- Study our comprehensive suite of business units with a specialisation in one of our four key fields: accounting, health services management, information knowledge management or managing and leading people. This is an effective way to gain the deep knowledge you need to enhance your professional expertise.
- Study our comprehensive suite of business units without a specialisation, gaining skills and knowledge from a variety of units, and graduate with an understanding of every facet of business.
To learn more about how you can specialise or generalise your MBA from Sydney, follow this link.
What you can study
Your online MBA comprises of three parts: the compulsory units (Part A), your electives (Part B) and the foundation units (Part C). Part A and C provide you with core business learnings and outcomes, while Part B is where you can really hone your skills for a particular industry or discipline.
To see what units you can study as part of your online MBA in Melbourne, follow this link.
Melbourne’s career and industry outlook
The business world is constantly evolving, and so too are online MBA courses. Now, more than ever, the knowledge and leadership skills needed to successfully carry out management roles is in high demand across a number of sectors in Melbourne, including accounting and finance, business management, and other non-business specific fields.
Graduates of a Master of Business Administration degree are being sought out by employers as they’re understood to be a genuine asset to a company. Over the last five years, the demand for MBA graduates has grown by over 62% worldwide.
It is estimated that by the end of 2016, 75% of employers across Asia-Pacific will be seeking MBA graduates to join their organisations. This is largely because of their solid preparation for management roles, in-depth problem-solving skills and professional networks.
Backing this up, a separate Graduate Management Admission Council (GMAC) survey also found that:
- 96% of employers agree that hiring business school graduates creates value for their companies; and
- 68% of employers agree that recruiting graduates of MBA program is a priority in their company’s hiring plans.
Melbourne online MBA entry/exit options
We know that plans change. That’s why we’ve built flexible entry and completion options for those studying their online Master of Business Administration from Melbourne.
This means that if you need to exit earlier than expected, you could still receive a postgraduate business degree through our online Graduate Certificate in Business or Graduate Diploma in Business, based on the units you’ve completed.
If you decide to return to your online MBA from Melbourne online at a later date, you’ll receive advanced standing towards your degree. Studying a postgraduate business degree online with Southern Cross University, with our flexibility and accessibility, is a win-win!
To qualify for entry into our online MBA, Melbourne students must:
- Demonstrate professional standing – either a bachelor’s degree (or a similar qualification) from a university, or have other experience that we regard as equivalent to a degree.
- Be proficient in English.
When you apply for the Melbourne based online MBA, we calculate advanced standing by looking at your particular education and experience. However, this outline will give you a good idea of what you may receive.
You may receive the four units in Part C as advanced standing, reducing your total study time by up to eight months, if you have:
- a bachelor degree in a similar field; or
- a graduate certificate in business, or an equivalent qualification
You may also receive advanced standing if you:
- demonstrate other academic or professional standing approved by our School Board
- have completed units through our Executive Management Program; or
- have five years’ relevant work experience or professional qualifications through formal or non-formal study.
Learning with SCU Online from Melbourne
Southern Cross University’s Melbourne based online MBA courses fit around your work and your lifestyle. Units are delivered by tech-savvy academics via a fresh, smart, collaborative and interactive interface.
- 100% online and flexible – complete six units a year, or skip a study period if life or work demands your full attention.
- Student success support – from enquiry to graduation, we are there for you.
- Networked for success – meet your future colleagues and collaborators.
Find out more about studying online.