Get ahead in Brisbane: 100% online MBA
The delightful temperatures and coastal proximity of Brisbane has long been calling to professionals seeking a new lifestyle. The city is responsible for just under 50% of Queensland’s economic output, and it is expected to grow in value to be worth over $200 billion by 2031. A burgeoning international force with a strong and competitive economy, this beautiful city offers numerous opportunities for professional and business growth.
With the GMAC 2015 Corporate Recruiters Survey suggesting that three out of four Asia-Pacific organisations surveyed plan to hire MBA graduates within the year, there has never been a better time to start studying. Embrace the opportunity to get ahead in Brisbane with an online MBA from Southern Cross University Online.
Discover a flexible, online MBA to advance your career
Experience the highest quality education paired with flexible delivery through SCU Online. With all coursework delivered 100% online, you will study the same rigorous academic material as on-campus students, with the added convenience of being able to study from anywhere in Brisbane. Our online learning environment is dynamic, interactive and easy-to-navigate, and is purpose built for busy professionals on-the-go.
Our online support team is second-to-none, and can help you find the right balance between work, study and your lifestyle. With plenty of options to fit every need, there’s no reason to put it off any longer.
Tailored online study to suit your career goals
Brisbane-based students undertaking an online MBA will study an array of subjects, with a curriculum specially designed to suit the vast amount of unique talent in the business sector in QLD.
Students can choose a focused approach, with four specialisations available – accounting, information and knowledge management, health services management or managing and leading people – or adopt a broader outlook, selecting subjects based on their needs and interests.
With options in areas as distinct as law, finance and global business, you’ll emerge with a deeper understanding of the ins and outs of every sector of the corporate environment. An MBA online will set you up for various opportunities in Brisbane, and around the world. Study is just the beginning of your journey.
Specialise or generalise your degree
Studying online from Brisbane? Specialise or study a generalist MBA online.
You have two options:
- Study our comprehensive suite of business units with a specialisation in one of our four key fields: accounting, health services management, information knowledge management or managing and leading people. This is an effective way to gain the deep knowledge you need to enhance your professional expertise.
- Study our comprehensive suite of business units without a specialisation, gaining skills and knowledge from a variety of units, and graduate with an understanding of every facet of business.
To learn more about how you can specialise or generalise your MBA from Sydney, follow this link.
What you can study
Your online MBA comprises of three parts: the compulsory units (Part A), your electives (Part B) and the foundation units (Part C). Part A and C provide you with core business learnings and outcomes, while Part B is where you can really hone your skills for a particular industry or discipline.
To see what units you can study as part of your online MBA in Brisbane, follow this link.
Brisbane’s career and industry outlook
The business world is constantly evolving, and so too are online MBA courses. Now, more than ever, the knowledge and leadership skills needed to successfully carry out management roles is in high demand across a number of sectors, including accounting and finance, business management, and other non-business specific fields.
Graduates of a Master of Business Administration degree are being sought out by employers across Brisbane, as they’re understood to be a genuine asset to a company. Over the last five years, the demand for MBA graduates has grown by over 62% worldwide.
It is estimated that by the end of 2016, 75% of employers across Asia-Pacific will be seeking MBA graduates to join their organisations. This is largely because of their solid preparation for management roles, in-depth problem-solving skills and professional networks.
Backing this up, a separate Graduate Management Admission Council (GMAC) survey also found that:
- 96% of employers agree that hiring business school graduates creates value for their companies; and
- 68% of employers agree that recruiting graduates of MBA program is a priority in their company’s hiring plans.
Brisbane online MBA entry/exit options
We know that plans change. That’s why we’ve built flexible entry and completion options for those studying their online Master of Business Administration from Brisbane.
This means that if you need to exit earlier than expected, you could still receive a postgraduate business degree through our online Graduate Certificate in Business or Graduate Diploma in Business, based on the units you’ve completed.
If you decide to return to your online MBA from Brisbane at a later date, you’ll receive advanced standing towards your degree. Studying a postgraduate business degree online with Southern Cross University, with our flexibility and accessibility, is a win-win!
To qualify for entry into our online MBA, Brisbane students must:
- Demonstrated professional standing – either a bachelor’s degree (or a similar qualification) from a university, or have other experience that we regard as equivalent to a degree.
- Be proficient in English.
When you apply for the Brisbane based online MBA, we calculate advanced standing by looking at your particular education and experience. However, this outline will give you a good idea of what you may receive.
You may receive the four units in Part C as advanced standing, reducing your total study time by up to eight months, if you have:
- a bachelor degree in a similar field; or
- a graduate certificate in business, or an equivalent qualification
You may also receive advanced standing if you:
- demonstrate other academic or professional standing approved by our School Board
- have completed units through our Executive Management Program; or
- have five years’ relevant work experience or professional qualifications through formal or non-formal study.
Learning with SCU Online from Brisbane
Southern Cross University’s Brisbane based online MBA courses fit around your work and your lifestyle. Units are delivered by tech-savvy academics via a fresh, smart, collaborative and interactive interface.
- 100% online and flexible – complete six units a year, or skip a study period if life or work demands your full attention.
- Student success support – from enquiry to graduation, we are there for you.
- Networked for success – meet your future colleagues and collaborators.