Get your MBA online in Adelaide - 100% online
Studying 100% online means you can study from anywhere. At Southern Cross University Online, our students live, work and study in Adelaide, as well as in cities and towns right across Australia. For those looking to study Business in Adelaide, we explore the current industries and what it's like studying an MBA online in Adelaide.
Adelaide's career and industry outlook
Adelaide is in South Australia and has a population of 24,794 people. Despite being a smaller city, it is rich in opportunity with an impressive Gross Regional Product of over $18,445 million. The top three industries include public administration and safety, healthcare and social assistance and the financial and insurance services. The city at a glance has:
- A Gross Regional Product of $18,445 million as of the 30th of June, 2018;
- 139,243 local jobs;
- 15, 475 local businesses.
With an MBA, Adelaide students will embrace the unique features of the local economy, as well as gain an understanding of global markets. You will discover every facet of the business world, with courses that promote a combination of classroom learning, research and your personal experience. A focus on management and fostering leadership skills will ensure that you are ready for whatever new challenge you tackle. With opportunities to specialise in health services, information systems, accounting or management, our curriculum offers diverse opportunities to suit a variety of students anywhere in Australia. With an online MBA through SCU Online, you can become empowered to make waves in any corporate environment in Adelaide, or even start your own commercial operation. Begin your next chapter today and contact us now to find out more.
The value of an MBA
The business world is continually evolving, and so too are online MBA courses. Management roles are in high demand across several sectors, including accounting and finance, business management, and other non-business specific fields. Graduates of a Master of Business Administration degree are being sought out by employers as they're understood to be a genuine asset to a company. According to the 2019 Graduate Management Admission Council (GMAC), Corporate Recruiters Survey, nearly 9 in 10 (87%) companies located in the Asia Pacific plan to hire MBAs - the highest share of any world region. Other things to note from the survey:
- MBA hiring demand in 2019 is strongest among companies in the consulting, energy/utilities, health care and technology industries.
- Start-ups have had the most significant increase between their 2018 MBA actual hiring rate (45%) and 29% projected hiring rate at 62%.
Studying in Adelaide with SCU Online
How do you choose the right course for you?
For many of our students, studying online allows them to balance work, study and life. They have families, and full-time jobs, and busy lives. They need a study option that is truly flexible, and a study schedule they can make work for them. Our online study has no exams, is 100% online and delivered by passionate academics.
Our online learning platform helps professionals just like you gain their MBA. All study is 100% online, delivered via a dynamic, interactive learning environment. This means you can learn wherever, whenever it suits your schedule. The online Master of Business Administration from Southern Cross University Online is the same as an on-campus course, and students receive the same rigorous education as an on-campus student.
With hard work and support from Southern Cross University Online, an online MBA could have you joining the ranks of highly-sought-after business school graduates in no time.
What you’ll study
You will explore topics such as accounting, corporate governance, human resources, and global business practices. With a focus on the evolving digital economy and its role in influencing every facet of the business world, you'll develop the skill to keep up with emerging trends. Our double-weighted Industry Research Project provides the opportunity for you to stretch your wings and delve deep into the areas that interest you most.
Specialise or generalise your degree
You can choose to specialise or study a generalist MBA online. You have two options:
- Study our comprehensive suite of business units with a specialisation in one of our four key fields: accounting, health services management, information knowledge management or managing and leading people. This study option is an effective way to gain the in-depth knowledge you need to enhance your professional expertise in a specific area;
- Study our comprehensive suite of business units without a specialisation, gaining skills and knowledge from a variety of topics, and graduate with an understanding of every facet of Business.
Networking opportunities in Adelaide
At Southern Cross University Online, we host networking events for students based in Adelaide (and in other cities too) throughout the year. Below, one of our MBA students, Maria Smith speaks to us about the student support she has received while studying in the video below.
Adelaide online MBA entry/exit options
We know that plans change. That’s why we’ve built flexible entry and completion options for those studying their online Master of Business Administration from Adelaide. This means that if you need to exit earlier than expected, you could still receive a postgraduate business degree through our online Graduate Certificate in Business or Graduate Diploma in Business, based on the units you’ve completed. If you decide to return to your online MBA from Adelaide at a later date, you’ll receive advanced standing towards your degree. Studying a postgraduate business degree online with Southern Cross University, with our flexibility and accessibility, is a win-win!
To qualify for entry into our online MBA, students must:
- Demonstrate professional standing – either a bachelor's degree (or a similar qualification) from a university or have other experience that we regard as equivalent to a degree.
- Be proficient in English.
Living and learning in Adelaide with SCU Online
Southern Cross University Online students based in Adelaide can study an online MBA course that fits around their work and lifestyle. Tech-savvy academics deliver units via a fresh, smart, collaborative and interactive interface.
- 100% online and flexible – complete six units a year, or skip a study period if life or work demands your full attention.
- Student success support – from enquiry to graduation, we are there for you.
- Networked for success – meet your future colleagues and collaborators.
Learn more about our Master of Business, Graduate Diploma of Business and Graduate Certificate in Business or find out more about studying online. Still unsure? You can read our in-depth guide on how to choose the right MBA for you.