Get your MBA in Adelaide – 100% online
Adelaide has a business-style all of its own. A variety of industries, including defence and manufacturing, have rejected the east coast in favour of a more localised workforce and environment. However, Adelaide’s economic impact is not to be overlooked. With a Gross Regional Product of just over $18 billion in 2015, Adelaide packs a punch for those who take the time to recognise the opportunities on offer.
Living in this southern city is no detriment to commercial operations, nor should it be to studying your MBA online.
Flexible online study, flexible Adelaide lifestyle
Southern Cross University Online offers South Australian students the opportunity to discover their potential in their own backyard. With an MBA that is delivered solely online, you can grow your passion for business from anywhere in Adelaide, at anytime.
The coursework of our online MBA has been designed by the same expert academics as our on-campus offering. This means you will study the same rigorous academic material as on-campus students, but with the added convenience of being able to study from anywhere in Adelaide, at a time and place that suits your learning style.
Purpose built for busy professionals on-the-go, our online learning environment is dynamic, interactive and easy-to-navigate. In addition, we offer each student ongoing support and guidance throughout your entire study journey. Our trained and experienced support staff are always on hand to discuss your options and help decide what works best for you.
Advance your career with an online MBA in Adelaide
With an MBA, Adelaide students will embrace the unique features of the local economy, as well as gain an understanding of global markets. You will be exposed to every facet of the business world, with courses that promote a strong combination of classroom learning, research and your own personal experience. A focus on management and fostering leadership skills will ensure that you are ready for whatever new challenge you tackle. With opportunities to specialise in health services, information systems, accounting or management, our curriculum offers diverse opportunities to suit a variety of students anywhere in Australia.
With an online MBA through SCU Online, you can become empowered to make waves in any corporate environment in Adelaide, or even start your own commercial operation. Begin your next chapter today and contact us now to find out more.
Specialise or generalise your degree
Studying online from Adelaide? Specialise or study a generalist MBA online.
You have two options:
- Study our comprehensive suite of business units with a specialisation in one of our four key fields: accounting, health services management, information knowledge management or managing and leading people. This is an effective way to gain the deep knowledge you need to enhance your professional expertise.
- Study our comprehensive suite of business units without a specialisation, gaining skills and knowledge from a variety of units, and graduate with an understanding of every facet of business.
To learn more about how you can specialise or generalise your MBA from Adelaide, follow this link.
What you can study
Your online MBA comprises of three parts: the compulsory units (Part A), your electives (Part B) and the foundation units (Part C). Part A and C provide you with core business learnings and outcomes, while Part B is where you can really hone your skills for a particular industry or discipline.
To see what units you can study as part of your online MBA in Adelaide, follow this link.
Adelaide’s career and industry outlook
The business world is constantly evolving, and so too are online MBA courses. Now, more than ever, the knowledge and leadership skills needed to successfully carry out management roles is in high demand across a number of sectors, including accounting and finance, business management, and other non-business specific fields.
Graduates of a Master of Business Administration degree are being sought out by employers as they’re understood to be a genuine asset to a company. Over the last five years, the demand for MBA graduates has grown by over 62% worldwide.
It is estimated that by the end of 2016, 75% of employers across Asia-Pacific will be seeking MBA graduates to join their organisations. This is largely because of their solid preparation for management roles, in-depth problem-solving skills and professional networks.
Backing this up, a separate Graduate Management Admission Council (GMAC) survey also found that:
- 96% of employers agree that hiring business school graduates creates value for their companies; and
- 68% of employers agree that recruiting graduates of MBA program is a priority in their company’s hiring plans.
Adelaide online MBA entry/exit options
We know that plans change. That’s why we’ve built flexible entry and completion options for those studying their online Master of Business Administration from Adelaide.
This means that if you need to exit earlier than expected, you could still receive a postgraduate business degree through our online Graduate Certificate in Business or Graduate Diploma in Business, based on the units you’ve completed.
If you decide to return to your online MBA from Adelaide at a later date, you’ll receive advanced standing towards your degree. Studying a postgraduate business degree online with Southern Cross University, with our flexibility and accessibility, is a win-win!
To qualify for entry into our online MBA, Adelaide students must:
- Demonstrated professional standing – either a bachelor’s degree (or a similar qualification) from a university, or have other experience that we regard as equivalent to a degree.
- Be proficient in English.
When you apply for the Adelaide based online MBA, we calculate advanced standing by looking at your particular education and experience. However, this outline will give you a good idea of what you may receive.
You may receive the four units in Part C as advanced standing, reducing your total study time by up to eight months, if you have:
- a bachelor degree in a similar field; or
- a graduate certificate in business, or an equivalent qualification
You may also receive advanced standing if you:
- demonstrate other academic or professional standing approved by our School Board
- have completed units through our Executive Management Program; or
- have five years’ relevant work experience or professional qualifications through formal or non-formal study.
Learning with SCU Online from Adelaide
Southern Cross University’s Adelaide based online MBA courses fit around your work and your lifestyle. Units are delivered by tech-savvy academics via a fresh, smart, collaborative and interactive interface.
- 100% online and flexible – complete six units a year, or skip a study period if life or work demands your full attention.
- Student success support – from enquiry to graduation, we are there for you.
- Networked for success – meet your future colleagues and collaborators.