Lead the future of education
With a Master of Education from Southern Cross University, you’ll be prepared for all the challenges that come with a fulfilling career in education. Choose from one of two specialisations: Educational Leadership and Educational Wellbeing. With a curriculum tailored to your interests and career ambitions, you can choose to grow in the direction you’re most passionate about.
- Graduate in just 16 months part-time
- Start studying in any one of our six intakes
- Study on an engaging, social learning environment
- 100% online study, with no on-campus commitments
- Gain a qualification from a globally ranked university
- Access a dedicated Student Support Advisor, five days a week
- Equivalent to an on-campus qualification
- Exit early and still gain a qualification
To qualify for entry to the Master of Education online, you must have:
- four-year Bachelor degree in Education from any Australian university or equivalent; OR
- an undergraduate degree and a fourth-year level teaching qualification from any Australian university or equivalent; AND
- be a registered teacher
Please note: you must be a registered teacher to be eligible for this course.
Prepare for a diverse career in education
Students can choose one of two specialisations (Educational Leadership or Educational Wellbeing) or alternatively, choose to study more broadly by selecting four elective units from across the specialisations.
Drive leadership and business strategies in an education setting and manage people, time and resources to improve education outcomes with confidence.
Bring positive change to the education system with a specialisation in teacher and student welfare.
Why study your MEd online with Southern Cross?
Watch the Master of Education’s course coordinator, Dr Anne Bellert discuss the benefits of further study for teachers and educational professionals.
Why Southern Cross University Online?
The School of Education has a proud history of making a great contribution to teacher education and to the profession of teaching that stretches back almost 50 years.
To ensure academic rigour, all staff involved in the development, writing and teaching of these units are academics with PhDs in various fields within the discipline of education.
The Master of Education provides you with many opportunities for career progression and what’s more, it’s designed to suit your busy lifestyle.
The course is conducted fully online and the demands of the course are tailored towards your professional needs. You can pave the way for future thinkers as the leader of your school.
The skills provided by a Master of Education will set you up to lead your department to make informed decisions in line with the curriculum, and provide guidance and instructional leadership to other teachers.
Southern Cross University Online boasts one of the most cost-effective online Master of Education degrees in Australia.
What you can study
Delivered fully online, this Masters degree in education offers a broad range of study options throughout the program.
- Contemporary Educational Leadership
- Contemporary Educational Contexts
- Leading Professional Learning
- Educational Investigation
Specialisation: Educational Leadership
- Accounting for Managers
- Human Resource Management
- The Positive Leader
- Evaluation for Improved Teaching and Learning
Specialisation: Educational Wellbeing
- Valuing Diversity
- Educational Support in Difficult Times
- Educational Leadership and Wellbeing
- Enhancing Student Wellbeing
Choose any four units from either specialisation
Flexible exit options
Students may be eligible to exit with the Graduate Certificate in Education after completing the four core units.
Danielle Harris, online Master of Education student
Download a brochure
For more details about the Master of Education online course, complete the form at the top of the page to download your brochure. You’ll receive in-depth information on:
- Entry criteria
- Course duration
- Fees and financing options
- Courses and assessment types
- Industry-related work
- Student support
- Career pathways
^ Southern Cross University offer both online and on-campus versions of these units. This information refers to the online version. Please check the unit listing at scu.edu.au or ask your Student Enrolment Advisor for more information.
This information is correct at time of release and subject to change without notice. Copyright Southern Cross University February 2019.
5-STAR Student Support
5-STAR Teaching Quality
5-STAR Social Equity
Bold, progressive and just 23 years of age – Southern Cross University is one of the Asia-Pacific’s Top 100 Universities and one of the world’s Top 50 Generation Y Universities.
SCU’s online programs meet all of the AQF guidelines, ensuring you a quality education.