From two years, part-time
Call us to see if you qualify
Jan, Mar, Apr, July, Sep, Nov
$2590 per unit, find out about FEE-HELP
8-16 (depending on previous education and work experience)
Online or on-campus
Effectively lead and manage business people
With a Master of Business Administration, specialising in Managing and Leading People, you’ll develop both the business know-how and practical skills – with a focus on people – to advance your career or build your own business. You’ll examine contemporary management and develop solutions to complex commercial situations through the prism of the fast-paced, ever-evolving global digital economy.
An online MBA specialising in Managing and Leading People from Southern Cross University Online will equip you with the latest concepts and knowledge to effectively manage, motivate and inspire with leadership styles tailored to achieve strategic goals. A specialisation in your MBA allows you to hone in on industry-specific skills while you study a practical, well recognised postgraduate course.
What you'll study
- Management Communication
- Organisational Behaviour
- Economics and Quantitative Analysis
- Accounting for Managers
- Finance for Managers
- Corporate Governance for Managers
- The Positive Leader
- Project Management Principles
- Global Business
- Strategy and Case Analysis
- Managing Information Systems
- Organisational Change and Development
- Human Resource Management
- Industry Research Project (double-weighted)
Why specialise in your MBA?
Selecting a specialisation is a matter of choice, not a prerequisite for MBA studies. Both the generalist and specialist students will graduate with the same level of MBA qualification, and both are equally as well regarded by employers. The difference, however, is that a specialisation in Managing and Leading People allows you to focus on a specific area of business knowledge.
An MBA specialising in Managing and Leading People gives you a deeper understanding this business-critical area, and can set you on a defined career path in people management. It will develop your core leadership skills and build upon your existing management experience to create a well-rounded leader, equipped for managing teams across varying organisations.
- MBA specialisation allows me to target my career goals
- MBA specialisation makes me stand out in a crowded job market
- MBA specialisation allows me to gain generalist business management and leadership skills
Career and industry outlook
MBA graduates with a specialised knowledge in business management and leadership are in high demand. The Graduate Management Admission Council (GMAC) has estimated that by the end of 2016, 34% of employers* will be seeking MBA graduates with a management specialisation.
One of the benefits of specialising your MBA in Managing and Leading People is that you can work in management roles across a variety of business units, including:
- Executive and General Management
*Percentage of employers who responded the survey
Flexible entry and exit options
We know that plans change. That’s why we’ve built flexible entry and completion options into the Master of Business Administration (MBA).
This means that if you need to exit early – if home or work demand your full attention – you could still receive a postgraduate qualification (Graduate Certificate in Business Administration or Graduate Diploma in Business Administration) based on the units you’ve completed.^
If you decide to return to your MBA at a later date, you’ll receive advanced standing towards your degree. It’s a win-win!.
^You can only gain an MBA specialisation at Masters level, therefore you cannot exit with a specialisation at a Diploma or Certificate level.
- Demonstrated professional standing – either a Bachelor degree (or a similar qualification) from a university or other experience that we deem as equivalent to a degree.
- Be proficient in English.
Learning with Southern Cross University Online
Southern Cross University’s online courses fit around your work and your lifestyle. Units are delivered by tech-savvy academics via a fresh, smart, collaborative and interactive interface.
- 100% online and flexible – complete six units a year, or skip a study period if life or work demands your full attention.
- Student success support – from enquiry to graduation, we are there for you.
- Networked for success – meet your future colleagues and collaborators.
Find out more about studying online.
Southern Cross University offers both online and on-campus versions of the MBA. This information refers to the online version. Please check the Online MBA course listing at scu.edu.au or ask your Student Enrolment Advisor for more information.
This information is correct at time of release and subject to change without notice. Copyright Southern Cross University February 2019.