This unit will prepare you for a bright future in leadership or management, applying the required skills to a global business setting. You will explore a diverse range of leadership styles, and take on a reflective approach to establish your personal strengths and goals. Your management and leadership abilities will be evaluated through active unit participation, as you apply your skills to various situations. You will study leadership and management theory and its prevalence in the west, while taking a philosophical and political approach to the psychological elements of managing and leading people. In this unit, you will study:
- Positive Leadership Models
- How do authentic leadership and psychological capital fit together?
- Providing organisational support for employees: the role of LMX to increase employee outcomes
- Providing individual support for employees: The impact on employees and what organisations can do to increase individual support
- Leadership and Change
- The language of positive leadership
- Differentiate types of leadership required for developing engaged employees based on awareness and respect of group diversity
- Relate authentic leadership, effective Leader-Member Exchange and management support and the psychological capital of employees based on the recognition and legitimacy of employee group differences
- Run a targeted evidence-based intervention for different types of employees to develop their competency to communicate in a professional setting based on listening to the views of participants and then re-directing the slant of the presentation to meet the needs of specific clientele
- Analyse and reflect upon an intervention to increase employee outcomes using a process of reflecting on how others received the training provided
You are assessed according to the following components, each with its own weighted value against your overall result:
- Report - 50%
- Presentation - 40%
- Short written response - 10%
You can study this unit as part of the Master of Business Administration, Master of Education, Master of Engineering Management, Master of IT Management or Master of Project Management. Please note, unit structure and content are subject to change. Contact your SCU Online student advisor on 1300 863 819 for more information based on your particular circumstances.