Hone your leadership skills into a high-level engineering role. You’ll assess the strategies used to purchase, maintain and enhance the longevity of public and private infrastructure assets. Through the critical evaluation of the theories behind asset management, you’ll develop an understanding of how to apply these in context.
You will review case studies of business environments to appreciate how strategic asset management works in practice. You’ll then begin to incorporate these skills into your leadership strategy. Work with industry software, further enhancing your credibility in the field of engineering, walking away with a sound understanding of planning, costing, quality and risk assessment.
In this unit, you will study:
- Principles of lifecycle analysis associated with operation, maintenance and renewal of infrastructure assets
- Assessing remaining service life and sustainable renewal strategies
- Familiarisation with software tools
- Planning and implementation of asset management: Managing costs, resources, quality and risks
- Asset management frameworks.
Please refer to the teaching and assessment breakdown for this unit.
Please note, unit structure and content are subject to change. Contact your SCU Online student advisor on 1300 589 882 for more information based on your particular circumstances.