Examine health service management from a strategic and planning perspective. You’ll explore the internal and external factors which impact contemporary health service environments.
Throughout this unit, you’ll develop a range of skills relevant to being an effective and strategic health service manager. You’ll critically evaluating the concept of strategic management, including the use of a strategic management model and the impact of the environmental factors. This will help you to identify strategic issues in healthcare, then formulate and implement strategic management plans. Apply principles and analyse the process of change in health service management, while considering their impact in a healthcare work environment.
In this unit, you will study:
- Health service management in practice
- Strategic management process in health services
- Environmental factors influencing healthcare management
- Strategy formulation, implementation and evaluation in health services
- Management of change in health services.
Please refer to the teaching and assessment breakdown for this unit.
Please note, unit structure and content are subject to change. Contact your SCU Online student advisor on 1300 589 882 for more information based on your particular circumstances.