Examine health service management from a strategic and planning perspective. You’ll explore the internal and external factors which impact contemporary health service environments.
Throughout this unit, you’ll develop a range of skills relevant to being an effective and strategic health service manager. You’ll critically evaluating the concept of strategic management, including the use of a strategic management model and the impact of the environmental factors. This will help you to identify strategic issues in healthcare, then formulate and implement strategic management plans. Apply principles and analyse the process of change in health service management, while considering their impact in a healthcare work environment.
In this unit, you will study:
- Health service management in practice
- Strategic management process in health services
- Environmental factors influencing healthcare management
- Strategy formulation, implementation and evaluation in health services
- Management of change in health services.
- Critically evaluate the concept of strategic management and the use of a strategic management model
- Analyse and evaluate the impact of the environmental factors on health services and their management
- Critically analyse and evaluate a range of skills and attributes relevant to being an effective health service manager
- Identify strategic issues in health care and formulate and implement strategic management plans in relation to them
- Apply strategic management principles to the management of health services and consider their impact
- Incorporate the principles of justice and equity into planning and management of health services
You are assessed according to the following components, each with its own weighted value against your overall result:
- Critical review: 40%
- Report: 60%
Please note, unit structure and content are subject to change. Contact your SCU Online student advisor on 1300 589 882 for more information based on your particular circumstances.