Extend your theoretical knowledge in addition to your social and emotional skills to improve communication, teamwork and client safety. Mindfulness and critical self-reflection will help you to understand yourself and others.
You’ll develop teamwork skills, including basic project planning, fostering a team climate, facilitating the contributions of others, giving and receiving feedback. Concurrently, your leadership skills will be developed to assist with the management of conflict and aggression using diplomacy and assertiveness, in line with organisational policies and processes.
In this unit, you will study:
- Introduction: Factors affecting teamwork and client safety and introduction to neuroscience
- Theoretical foundations of social and emotional competence
- Mindfulness and critical self-reflection
- Skills for fostering a team climate; including leadership, project planning, group facilitation and coordination
- Skills for giving and receiving feedback to peers and subordinates
- Conflict management skills including aggression, boundaries, bullying and mobbing.
Please refer to the teaching and assessment breakdown for this unit.
You can study this unit as part of the Master of Healthcare Leadership.
Please note, unit structure and content are subject to change. Contact your SCU Online student advisor on 1300 589 882 for more information based on your particular circumstances.