Analysis of foundational concepts of project management and evaluation of current trends in project management practice and research. Students participate in structured learning activities and demonstrate a comprehensive understanding of core project management concepts in practice. In this unit, you will study:
- Project Management Introduction, Charter and kick-off
- Communication plan, WBS, and RACI
- Time Management and Cost Management
- Progress reporting scope change, and crashing
- Risk management and quality management
- Procurement, teams and project closure
- Demonstrate a thorough knowledge of the Project Management Body of Knowledge; terminology; principles and applications
- Explain the internal and external roles and responsibilities and present within project management teams
- Critique current trends in project management research and practice
- Synthesise and reinterpret a past or existing project using PMBOK terminology and frames.
You are assessed according to the following components, each with its own weighted value against your overall result:
- Short written response: 15%
- Workbook: 40%
- Reflective writing: 45%
You can study this unit as part of the Master of Business Administration, Master of Engineering Management, Master of IT Management or Master of Project Management. Please note, unit structure and content are subject to change. Contact your SCU Online student advisor on 1300 863 819 for more information based on your particular circumstances.