This unit will guide you through evaluating a project from the initial selection phase right through to planning and development. You’ll consider the first process of the project management lifecycle to comprehensively critique and assess the effectiveness of a project.
You will undertake structure and problem-based, scenario learning to hone your project management skills, and build an understanding of how to manage budgets, assumptions and resource constraints against stakeholder needs. Upon completion, students will also have the expertise to develop sustainable and agile project plans for a variety of businesses and demands.
In this unit, you will study:
- Project Selection
- Stakeholder and Communication Management
- Project Initiation
- Project planning: Scope Management
- Project Time and Resource Management
- Project Planning: Cost Estimation
- Assess alignment of project goals with organisational capabilities
- Create and apply project selection matrices
- Create a clear project charter
- Assess and manage project budgets, assumptions, resource constraints against stakeholder needs
- Develop sustainable and agile project management plans
You are assessed according to the following three components, each with its own weighted value against your overall result:
- Case study – 20%
- Project Proposal – 30%
- Report -50%
Please note, unit structure and content are subject to change. Contact your SCU Online student advisor on 1300 589 882 for more information based on your particular circumstances.