In this unit, you will design and produce a research proposal for future work opportunities. During this process, you will analyse and address the ethical implications of your proposal and compile an appropriate ethics application.
You will study:
- Arguing for change: improving practice or doing research
- Theories and frameworks
- Analysing and addressing ethical practices when proposing research and practice improvement
- Refining and focusing, ideas and strategies to achieve results
- Evaluating, sustaining and disseminating
- Composing a successful proposal: research or implementation
- Justify a proposal for addressing a gap in research or practice
- Refine and focus ideas and strategies to achieve results
- Analyse and address issues involved in delivering on the proposed ethically
You will be assessed on the following components, each with its own weighted value against your overall result:
- Proposal Pitch Presentation – 10%
- Critical reflection on Pitch – 30%
- Proposal for practice implementation or research – 60%
This unit builds on the work undertaken in HEA93002 Discovery and Enquiry in Health: The Critical Literature Review. Students are required to enrol into this unit within 12 months of completion of HEA93002.
Please note, unit structure and content are subject to change. Contact your SCU Online student advisor on 1300 589 882 for more information based on your particular circumstances.