Change is often very necessary, and the execution of such change requires a diagnostic approach to business situation analysis. Learn how to recognise the need for change, and which internal and external factors may present obstacles during the transition process.
You will research and develop change strategies, as well as learn how to quickly adapt to changing environments and situations. After completing this unit, you’ll be able to communicate change with conviction and vision, and drive the change process to sustain desired outcomes and efficiency.
In this unit, you will study:
- Topic 1: Why organisations change: turbulent times, innovation and the changing workplace
- Topic 2: Diagnosis for change
- Topic 3: Planning and preparing the change
- Topic 4: People and culture
- Topic 5: Implementing change
- Topic 6: Sustaining the change
- Synthesise theories and models of organisational behaviour, organisational change and development and their critiques
- Critique the range of change interventions in relation to their appropriateness to a range of research and evaluate critically the impact organisational change intervenes at all levels of an organisation
- Analyse organisational scenarios and critically discuss their effects on individuals, work groups and organisations
You are assessed according to the following components, each with its own weighted value against your overall result:
- Case study: 20%
- Report: 35%
- Reflective writing: 30%
- Discussion board: 15%
Please note, unit structure and content are subject to change. Contact your SCU Online student advisor on 1300 589 882 for more information based on your particular circumstances.