Explore the diverse global market and how it is affected by marketing principles. In this unit, you’ll examine the psychology behind consumer behaviour and learn how to communicate with audiences through relationship and planning marketing.
You’ll also uncover the complexities of marketing channels and various marketing strategies. Master an analytical, competitive approach to marketing in an international business setting – further enforced by a sound understanding of the marketing mix and market analysis.
In this unit, you will study:
- Topic 1: Marketing planning and the marketing concept
- Topic 2: Knowing and researching your target audience
- Topic 3: Segmenting, targeting, positioning and branding
- Topic 4: Product strategies
- Topic 5: Price decisions, value networks and marketing channels
- Topic 6: Integrated marketing communications
- Discuss the role of marketing in today’s contemporary business environment
- Analyse buying behaviour in order to develop effective marketing communications
- Critically evaluate the marketing strategies of private and public organisations
- Design a marketing plan
You are assessed according to the following components, each with its own weighted value against your overall result:
- Report: 20%
- Quiz: 30%
- Report: 50%
Unit structure and content are subject to change. Contact your SCU Online student advisor on 1300 589 882 for more information based on your particular circumstances.