In the modern world of business, an understanding of digital enterprise is key to successful leadership. Throughout this unit, you’ll develop a working knowledge of IT within business settings and analyse the effect it has on operations.
By exploring digital technologies in terms of business to business (B2B) and business to consumer (B2C) enterprises, alongside the evolution of blogs and mobile applications, you’ll become astute in dealing with the multifaceted area of digital business management. You will also study legal aspects of IT in business and assess future outlooks in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment.
In this unit, you will study:
- Digital enterprise basics
- Technology foundations for digital enterprise
- Business to consumer (B2C) digital enterprise: E-tailing and Internet marketing
- Business to business (B2B) digital business and supply chain
- Other types of digital enterprise: E-government, e-learning, e-publishing
- Consumer to consumer (C2C) digital business
- Blogs, wikis, online communities and social networks
- Mobile enterprise
- Electronic payment systems
- Planning and launching e-initiatives
- Success factors, challenges/critical issues, and future directions.
- Examine the technologies and technology applications which enable digital enterprises for business
- Develop and apply expertise in recognising and analysing digital enterprise opportunities
- Examine security, ethical, societal, political, legal and global issues relating to digital eterprises
- Evaluate digital enterprise websites and systems
You are assessed according to the following components, each with its own weighted value against your overall result:
- Case study: 30%
- Report: 30%
- Report: 40%
Please note, unit structure and content are subject to change. Contact your SCU Online student advisor on 1300 589 882 for more information based on your particular circumstances.