Discover the successful elements of professional learning. In this unit, you’ll explore concepts from the professional learning community and the latest research literature. You’ll explore appraisal and performance frameworks as means of monitoring and directing professional learning.
In this unit, you will cover:
- Critical performance monitoring frameworks
- Developing your own reflective practice
- Current theories on professional development and learning.
Developing your own reflective practice is strongly encouraged in this unit. Be informed by your own professional practice, critical engagement with research literature and feedback from colleagues and learners. Focus on leading, creating and sustaining a culture of reflective professional learning in a school.
- Identify and analyse key concepts in the professional learning literature (reflective practice, lifelong learning) in relation to personal practice.
- Critically reflect on the different sources and styles of professional learning and their efficacy
- Select appropriate approaches and apply key strategies from the research literature to developing the professional learning of self and others.
You are assessed according to the following three components, each with its own weighted value against your overall result:
- Discussion board (due Week 2): 10%
- Case study (due Week 4): 40%
- Reflective writing (due Week 6): 50%.
You can study this unit as part of the Master of Education.
Please note, unit structure and content are subject to change. Contact your SCU Online student advisor on 1300 589 882 for more information based on your particular circumstances.