Evaluate and critically reflect on leadership to apply that knowledge to drive change and innovation within health and social care. Explore organisational environments in depth to identify and respond to opportunities for change, applying various leadership theories in a healthcare context.
In this unit, you’ll develop the ability to critically apply relevant leadership capabilities and policy to the process of implementation. You will be able to evaluate and sustain innovative practices within health and social care work environments.
In this unit, you will study:
- Contexts and mechanisms influencing innovation
- Strategic policy impacting upon operational implementation of innovation within clinical environments
- Exploration of leading self and others through a range of leadership models
- Psychological constructs influencing implementation of innovation
- Applying principles of evidence and evaluation to support innovative change within clinical settings
- Formulating professional development plans for developing and maintaining capabilities to lead innovative change within clinical environments.
Please refer to the teaching and assessment breakdown for this unit.
Please note, unit structure and content are subject to change. Contact your SCU Online student advisor on 1300 589 882 for more information based on your particular circumstances.