Healthcare is in a vulnerable position. The industry requires strong, confident leaders to guide it into the future. With the world’s vastly expanding population, it has never been a better time to study Leadership and Management in Health.
You will become accustomed to problem-solving challenges in the private and public sectors, as well as regulated and deregulated systems. You will comparatively review systems against the rest of the world, and complete your studies with a wealth of understanding in global healthcare models. You will strengthen your strategic abilities and walk away ready to embrace a marketplace with much demand.
In this unit, you will study:
- Setting the context: The healthcare system
- Theories of management in healthcare systems
- The genesis of leadership theory
- Challenging leadership, its nature and alternatives
- Diversity: Being ‘different’ in the healthcare system
- Change, innovation and the future of health leadership and management.
Please refer to the teaching and assessment breakdown for this unit.
You can study this unit as part of the Master of Healthcare Leadership.
Please note, unit structure and content are subject to change. Contact your SCU Online student advisor on 1300 589 882 for more information based on your particular circumstances.