This unit is divided into two parts and studied across two consecutive study periods (double-weighted). You’ll assess current literature and highlight problems for investigation. You’ll use strategic research and data collection methods to fill in any research gaps. The commitment and dedication to effectively complete your research project will develop and demonstrate skills that can be easily transferred to your career.
The Industry Research Project is an exciting opportunity to practice self-management. You’ll receive as much support from your SCU supervisor as you need and ultimately, deliver a cohesive business report.
In this double-weighted unit, you will study:
- What is research?
- Identifying research problems and opportunities
- Reviewing previous research literature
- Designing a research project
- Understanding data analysis
- Developing qualitative research tools
- Developing quantitative research tools
- Collecting data: ethics and consideration
- Quantitative data analysis
- Qualitative data analysis
- Reporting to industry
- Actioning research.
Please note, unit structure and content are subject to change. Contact your SCU Online student advisor on 1300 589 882 for more information based on your particular circumstances.