Reflect on your own professional practice and learning through this unit, which provides support for students seeking to develop their portfolio. The aim is to showcase tangible evidence of high-level study, achieved against established professional standards. You will plan appropriate strategies to collect, select and reflect on evidence for inclusion in a professional portfolio. This is designed to be a work-in-progress that showcases your successes and achievements, and a supplement to your CV that you can take with you throughout your career. In this unit, you will study:
- Critical reflection on professional practice
- Standards of professional practice
- Quality evidence of professional practice and learning
- Professional portfolios.
- Reflect critically on own professional practice and learning
- Critically appraise the role of professional standards or competencies in informing professional practice and ongoing professional learning
- Plan appropriate strategies to collect, select and critique evidence for inclusion in a professional portfolio.
You are assessed according to the following components, each with its own weighted value against your overall result:
- Reflective writing: 40%
- Portfolio: 60%
You can study this unit as part of the Master of Business Administration, Master of Healthcare Leadership, Master of Project Management, Master of Mental Health and Master of Mental Health Nursing. Please note, unit structure and content are subject to change. Contact your SCU Online student advisor on 1300 589 882 for more information based on your particular circumstances.