Reflect on your own professional practice and learning through this unit, which provides support for students seeking to develop their portfolio. The aim is to showcase tangible evidence of high-level study, achieved against established professional standards. You will plan appropriate strategies to collect, select and reflect on evidence for inclusion in a professional portfolio.
This is designed to be a work-in-progress that showcases your successes and achievements, and a supplement to your CV that you can take with you throughout your career.
In this unit, you will study:
- Critical reflection on professional practice
- Standards of professional practice
- Quality evidence of professional practice and learning
- Professional portfolios.
- Reflect critically on own professional practice and learning
- Critically appraise the role of professional standards or competencies in informing professional practice and ongoing professional learning
- Plan appropriate strategies to collect, select and critique evidence for inclusion in a professional portfolio.
You are assessed according to the following components, each with its own weighted value against your overall result:
- Reflective writing: 40%
- Portfolio: 60%
Please note, unit structure and content are subject to change. Contact your SCU Online student advisor on 1300 589 882 for more information based on your particular circumstances.