This unit examines the challenges confronting the global business manager, and give you the knowledge you need to understand and operate successfully in the global business environment. Become a strategic, critical-thinking manager who is able to swiftly adapt to any international business setting. In this unit, you will also learn about the development of global business strategy, addressing strategic management, entry strategies, organisational design and the functional areas of marketing, finance and human resource management.
Armed with this knowledge, you will evolve with more of a strategic mind-set and apply important factors to the development of entry strategies and marketing strategies. You will appreciate the functional areas of marketing, finance and human resource management from the perspective of a global business manager, and understand how to adapt to the varied environments that come with international operations.
In this unit, you will study:
- The Global Marketplace
- International Trade theories, Government Intervention and Emerging Markets
- Differences in Political Economy
- Cultural Empathy and Social Responsibility
- Managing Global Business
- Global Marketing Strategies
- Discuss global markets and the theories that underpin global trade
- Assess the opportunities and threats in the global business environment
- Understand cultural risk and evaluate its impact on ethics and social responsibility of global businesses
- Recommend effective marketing and management strategies for global businesses
You are assessed according to the following components, each with its own weighted value against your overall result:
- Short written response – 30%
- Quiz – 20%
- Report – 50%
Please note, unit structure and content are subject to change. Contact your SCU Online student advisor on 1300 589 882 for more information based on your particular circumstances.