Understand the importance of innovation and entrepreneurial attitudes in a practical business setting. This unit explores marketing theory and how it relates to workplace environments; learn how to incorporate marketing into independent, strategic thinking. Entrepreneurship and Marketing will equip you with the skills to be a forward-thinker and understand core marketing and entrepreneurial marketing concepts on a global level. If you have a flair for business leadership, this unit can help you take your vision to market. In this unit, you will study:
- Entrepreneurship and innovation
- Entrepreneurship in practice
- Marketing theory
- Marketing in practice
- Strategic planning for entrepreneurship and marketing
- Global aspects of entrepreneurship and marketing strategies.
- Demonstrate an understanding of core theoretical frameworks that underpin the fields of entrepreneurship and marketing
- Evaluate and critique proposed entrepreneurial endeavours and marketing activities through an examination of their theoretical and market foundations
- Explain innovation and critique the innovativeness of proposed entrepreneurial endeavours and marketing activities
- Assess the integration of entrepreneurial endeavours and marketing activities with a firm's stated strategic imperative
Please refer to the teaching and assessment breakdown for this unit.
You can study this unit as part of the Master of Business Administration*, Master of Engineering Management or Master of Project Management. *This unit will no longer be offered as a compulsory unit in the MBA course effective from 2017, and will be replaced with the Marketing unit. Please note, unit structure and content are subject to change. Contact your SCU Online student advisor on 1300 589 882 for more information based on your particular circumstances.