It’s important to understand how emerging technology is used within a business context and how it might affect, both positively and negatively, your business or the business where you work. This unit will explore how innovative technologies have the capacity to influence and shape the future of the business environment, and the role that technologies can play in society. You will explore different aspects of theory and concepts to learn how they can be applied in different situations to understand the impacts of technology on enterprises.
In this unit, you will study:
- Ubiquitous technologies in modern businesses
- Social technologies and their influence on social capital
- Cloud computing and big data redefinition of business processes
- Preparing for disruptive innovation
- Robotics and artificial intelligence
- Quantum computing: the future frontier of business
- Identify and analyse key technologies that have emerged and shaped the business world
- Evaluate the impact of disruptive innovation in order to plan, develop and implement strategies for competitive advantage
- Propose and predict, by applying theory, the impacts that emerging technologies will have on different industries and understand and define how best to respond to the challenges and opportunities that disruption offers
- Discuss the legal, social, ethical, cultural, human and security implications of key emerging technologies within enterprises
- Discuss trend, developments and critical issues of emerging technologies
You are assessed according to the following components, each with its own weighted value against your overall result:
- Discussion board: 10%
- Quiz: 10%
- Literature review: 40%
- Investigating a Digital Disruption: 40%
You can study this unit as part of the Master of IT Management, Graduate Diploma in Information Technology Management and Graduate Certificate in Information Technology Management.
Please note, unit structure and content are subject to change. Contact your SCU Online student advisor on 1300 589 882 for more information based on your particular circumstances.