It’s important to understand how emerging technology is used within a business context. This unit will explore how individuals use their mobile devices within your organisation, and how these devices can be engineered to be more business efficient. You’ll develop an understanding of how people use personal mobile computing devices within an enterprise, and how they may be used to engineer processes to optimise efficiency.
You’ll examine system technologies, interfaces, infrastructure and strategies which enable the use of personal computing devices in an enterprise – both internally and externally.
In this unit, you will study:
- Mobile technologies in an enterprise: Types and applications; infrastructure for use and business strategy
- Evolving human-computer interfaces
- Strategic approach and framework for integrating individuals’ mobile technologies in an enterprise
- Evolving opportunities for client liaison based around mobile devices and social networking
- Individuals’ mobile technologies in an enterprise: Developing and implementing projects; security, ethical and societal issues
- Issues arising from current trends and future directions.
Please refer to the teaching and assessment breakdown for this unit.
You can study this unit as part of the Master of IT Management.
Please note, unit structure and content are subject to change. Contact your SCU Online student advisor on 1300 589 882 for more information based on your particular circumstances.