You will focus on aspects of microeconomics and macroeconomics of most relevance to managers while gaining the skills to analyse and respond to market fluctuations.
Throughout this unit, you’ll examine and appreciate the regulatory nature of financial policies, and refine your understanding of economic positioning for competition and market environments. You’ll master statistical analysis techniques and economic practice from a managerial point of view – along with lateral thinking, drawing conclusions from data through econometrics.
In this unit, you will study:
- Economic foundations, statistics for economists, demand and supply
- Production and costs, the perfectly competitive firm and monopoly
- Externalities, public goods and the public sector
- Gross Domestic Product, unemployment and inflation
- Simple linear regression
- Multiple linear regression.
Please refer to the teaching and assessment breakdown for this unit.
Please note, unit structure and content are subject to change. Contact your SCU Online student advisor on 1300 589 882 for more information based on your particular circumstances.