Broaden and deepen your understanding of literature analysis and research design in relation to an area relevant to their professional practice. In this unit, you will produce a critical literature review that supports the need for either future research or practice improvement. You will study:
- Introduction: using literature to refine problems and propose further research or practice improvement
- Searching literature systematically
- Analysing, refining and managing search results
- Presenting results
- Critique and discussion
- Providing rationale and justification for the next step
- Develop a research question and problem statement to guide critical examination of an area of personal interest, located within your discipline or course specialisation
- Discern between, and critique, the evidence supporting further research and practice improvement
- Analyse, refine and manage results of a systematic literature search
- Provide an evidence-based rationale for further research or practice improvement.
- Report on research method - 30%
- Critical literature review - 60%
- Discussion board - 10%
You can study this unit as part of the Master of Healthcare Leadership, Master of Mental Health and Master of Mental Health (Nursing). Please note, unit structure and content are subject to change. Contact your SCU Online student advisor on 1300 863 819 for more information based on your particular circumstances.