Become privy to the ins-and-outs of corporate governance. Examine how it has evolved, where responsibilities and accountability lie, and what consequences it has on shareholders, managers and directors of publicly-held companies. Content will also cover global business environments and their relationship to governance procedures.
Upon completing the unit, you’ll develop a deep understanding of corporate social responsibility and how to best apply it as a manager, in a way that supports and drives business outcomes.
In this unit, you will study:
- Introduction to corporate governance and directors roles and responsibilities
- Corporate ownership, power and performance accountability
- Board knowledge, committee structure and codes of conduct
- Board review and development, corporate strategy and performance management
- Corporate governance in the global business environment and in diverse organisational settings
- Corporate governance and corporate social responsibility.
Please refer to the teaching and assessment breakdown for this unit.
Please note, unit structure and content are subject to change. Contact your SCU Online student advisor on 1300 589 882 for more information based on your particular circumstances.