Become privy to the ins-and-outs of corporate governance. Examine how it has evolved, where responsibilities and accountability lie, and what consequences it has on shareholders, managers and directors of publicly-held companies. Content will also cover global business environments and their relationship to governance procedures.
Upon completing the unit, you’ll develop a deep understanding of corporate social responsibility and how to best apply it as a manager, in a way that supports and drives business outcomes.
In this unit, you will study:
- Introduction to Corporate Governance and Directors Roles and Responsibilities
- Corporate Ownership, Power, Performance and Accountability
- Board Knowledge, Committee Structure and Codes of Conduct
- Board Review and Development and Corporate Strategy and Performance Measurement
- Corporate Governance in the Global Business Environment and in Diverse Organisational Settings
- Corporate Governance and Corporate Social Responsibility
- Integrate advanced theoretical corporate knowledge across a range of disciplines drawing from internationally significant business cases
- Critically apply advanced theoretical and technical corporate governance knowledge and skills to solve emerging and/or advanced corporate governance problems
- Demonstrate the capacity to exercise judgement under minimal supervision to solve emerging and/or advanced corporate governance problems in complex contexts using social, ethical, economic, regulatory and global perspectives
- Justify and communicate corporate governance advice, guidance and ideas in complex collaborative contexts involving both professionals and non-professionals in the corporate governance field
You are assessed according to the following components, each with its own weighted value against your overall result:
- Case study: 30%
- Case study: 30%
- Case study: 40%
Please note, unit structure and content are subject to change. Contact your SCU Online student advisor on 1300 589 882 for more information based on your particular circumstances.