If you’re a leader, this unit will add value to your everyday professional life. You’ll cover important accounting principles that make up the core of business management; from recording transactions in journals and ledgers to preparing financial statements. Exercise your analytical skills, carry out complex numerical tasks and extract data, quickly and efficiently. You’ll walk away with the tools to help make educated business decisions, identifying opportunities and communicating with senior stakeholders confidently.
In this unit, you will study:
- Introduction of bookkeeping system: double-entry accounting
- Accounting for retail business: sales and purchases
- Accounting for business I
- Accounting for business II
- Accounting for business III
- Financial statements.
- Understand the concepts of double entry accounting and accounting cycle
- Analyse accounting information and record business transactions in financial documents within accounting cycle
- Present, analyse and interpret financial information using the language of business to communicate with stakeholders effectively
- Understand internal control and AASB regulatory framework that govern the measurement and disclosures of accounting information
You are assessed according to the following components, each with its own weighted value against your overall result:
- Quiz: 30%
- Reflective learning journal: 30%
- Case study: 40%
Please note, unit structure and content are subject to change. Contact your SCU Online student advisor on 1300 589 882 for more information based on your particular circumstances.