Engage with and analyse fundamental property law concepts including commercial and retail leases, strata and community title, freehold and leasehold covenants and securities in land and personal property. You’ll explore and interpret a number of key, real and personal property interests, bringing together diverse theoretical and practical perspectives.
Topics in this unit include:
- What is property?
- The diversity of modern property
- The nature and content of private property rights
- The fee simple estate
- Commercial and retail leases
- The PPSA regime.
Upon completion, your understanding of property will be enhanced by a deeper knowledge of a core legal discipline
SCU Associate Pofessor John Page on the Advanced Property Law unit.
- Analyse and apply fundamental conceptual understandings of property
- Identify the diversity of modern property types, interests and ownerships
- Evaluate and compare the content and nature of private property rights
- Explain key property interests and integrate this knowledge into professional practice.
Dr John Page
Senior Lecturer in the School of Law and Justice.
- Discussion board (due Week 1): 10%
- Reflective writing (due Week 4): 30%
- Exam, take-home (due Week 7): 60%.
Please note, unit structure and content are subject to change. Contact your SCU Online student advisor on 1300 589 882 for more information based on your particular circumstances.