Adopt a managerial and analytical approach to the financial aspects of business management. You will understand the methods used in financial reporting and interpretation, while applying these principles to business practice.
You will learn how to respond to factors that influence company cash-flow and profit, and establish critical thinking in terms of future financial planning and control. By recognising how finance affects other areas of a business – complemented by a sound understanding of applied financial management – you will be perfectly placed for career advancement.
In this unit, you will cover:
- Introduction to accounting
- Measuring and reporting financial position, performance and cash flows
- Analysis and interpretation of financial statements
- Cost-volume-profit analysis and costing
- Planning and control
- Working capital management and financing the business.
Please refer to the teaching and assessment breakdown for this unit.
Please note, unit structure and content are subject to change. Contact your SCU Online student advisor on 1300 589 882 for more information based on your particular circumstances.