As part of the Educational Research specialisation stream, this two-part unit provides you with the opportunity to begin your own research project. Investigate an area of significance in education, or training or development. The topics covered are to be completed by the student and the supervisor to reflect on a chosen educational problem or area of knowledge need.
- Formulate one or more research questions in response to the research literature associated with the topic under investigation
- Recognise the appropriate methodological approach, and ethical considerations necessary to investigate the topic, including data collection and analysis procedures
- Critically evaluate issues relating to topic and produce a report that meets the specifications detailed in this unit statement.
You are assessed according to the following three components, each with its own weighted value against your overall result:
- Discussion board (due Week 2): 10%
- First draft of Project Report (due Week 4): 40%
- Second draft of Project Report (due Week 6): 50%.
The final report will be submitted and marked in its entirety in the unit, Research Project 2.
You can study this unit as part of the Master of Education.
Please note, unit structure and content are subject to change. Contact your SCU Online student advisor on 1300 589 882 for more information based on your particular circumstances.