In this unit, you will design and produce a research proposal for future work opportunities. During this process, you will analyse and address the ethical implications of your proposal and compile an appropriate ethics application.
You will study:
- Designing a research proposal
- Analysing and addressing ethical issues involved with research in health
- Refining and focusing research questions
- Developing workable hypotheses
- Project management, milestones and timelines
- Composing a successful research proposal.
- Formulate a research plan for investigating the research question
- Analyse and address the ethical implications of a research proposal and compile an appropriate ethics application
- Compile, articulate and defend a research proposal to answer your research question.
You will be assessed on the following components, each with its own weighted value against your overall result:
- Pitch presentation: 30%
- Research proposal: 70%
Please note, unit structure and content are subject to change. Contact your SCU Online student advisor on 1300 589 882 for more information based on your particular circumstances.