This unit will prepare you for a bright future in leadership or management, applying the required skills to a global business setting. You will explore a diverse range of leadership styles, and take on a reflective approach to establish your personal strengths and goals.
Your management and leadership abilities will be evaluated through active unit participation, as you apply your skills to various situations. You will study leadership and management theory and its prevalence in the west, while taking a philosophical and political approach to the psychological elements of managing and leading people.
In this unit, you will study:
- Introducing leadership – beginning to form your personal leadership model
- Teams, leadership and virtual leadership in a global and multicultural society
- The evolution of western management and leadership theory and the requirement of ethical leadership
- The psychology of leadership and management and leadership
- Politics and philosophy in leadership
- Practicing leadership: It’s your turn.
Please refer to the teaching and assessment breakdown for this unit.
Please note, unit structure and content are subject to change. Contact your SCU Online student advisor on 1300 589 882 for more information based on your particular circumstances.