Develop an ability to identify business security threats and vulnerabilities, while providing insight and solutions from a managerial perspective. This unit will help you build on your existing systems and security knowledge by analysing current practices. This will assist with identifying as well as managing risk, and reviewing potential legal and ethical implications.
Additionally, you’ll investigate the human management side of security. This includes the impact on partners and suppliers along with different models, practices, policies and programs for designing and implementing security. Upon completion, students will be able to assess and evaluate the need of security in digital business.
In this unit, you will study:
- The role of management of information security
- Planning and policies for information security
- Models for and practices of information security
- Risk assessment and controlling risk of information security
- Protection devices, personnel security and information security
- Legal and ethical considerations regarding information security.
Please refer to the teaching and assessment breakdown for this unit.
You can study this unit as part of the Master of IT Management.
Please note, unit structure and content are subject to change. Contact your SCU Online student advisor on 1300 589 882 for more information based on your particular circumstances.