This unit provides you with the opportunity to identify research possibilities, develop organisational research skills and critically investigate relevant literature. Learn how to write academically, establish a bibliographic database, access information sources, manage a literature review and structure an argument through a literature review.
In this unit, you will cover:
- Foundational research skills
- The nature and purpose of a critical literature review
- Logistics of researching a topic – accessing information sources, literature search strategies, managing the literature review process
- Writing a literature review, including structuring an argument through a literature review
- Locate, evaluate and critique information relevant to an educational problem
- Formulate and write a well-structured literature review, with a coherent line of argument
- Demonstrate effective skills in organizing, referencing and citing information
You are assessed according to the following three components, each with its own weighted value against your overall result:
- Discussion board: 10%
- Plan for literature review and draft review: 40%
- Literature review: 50%
You can study this unit as part of the Master of Education.
Please note, unit structure and content are subject to change. Contact your Southern Cross University Online student advisor on 1300 589 882 for more information based on your particular circumstances.