This unit will provide students with an overall understanding of database concepts and theory. Learn the steps required to design and build databases, and the key elements required to manage and maintain databases in an enterprise.
In this unit, you will study:
- Database fundamentals
- Using databases and scripts
- Data modelling and database design
- Physical database design and client-server databases
- Database administration and security
- Big data and database warehousing.
Please refer to the teaching and assessment breakdown for this unit.
You can study this unit as part of the Master of IT Management.
Please note, unit structure and content are subject to change. Contact your SCU Online student advisor on 1300 589 882 for more information based on your particular circumstances.