Two paths to a bold future in healthcare
16 January 2018
The “new normal” of healthcare in Australia will see you treating people with mental health challenges who are more engaged, informed and conscientious than ever before. But how will you prepare for a future where one of your biggest barriers to effective healthcare delivery may be ‘Dr Google’?
Find out how our Master of Mental Health (Nursing) compares with the postgraduate credentials in healthcare leadership gained from our Master of Healthcare Leadership, and what your career as a health practitioner of the future could look like.
Your online study pathways:
[su_accordion] [su_spoiler title="Master of Mental Health (Nursing)"] An industry-recognised postgraduate qualification designed to develop your specialist skills in administering mental health care. Ideal for: Registered nurses wanting to transition into mental health and nurses already working in mental health wanting a specialist qualification and greater skills to help consumers. Learning outcomes:
- Course materials that complement the ACMHN’s new 12 Core Values and Related Principles for Postgraduate Mental Health Nursing's curricula, including:
- Holistic focus: Mindfulness of the whole person
- Safety and wellbeing of recipients and providers
- ‘Evidence-informed practice’
- Diversity in approaches
- Collaboration to meet diverse, individualised needs.
- Learn from a strong cohort of mental health educators who are clinically active and widely published in peer-reviewed publications.
- Benefit from SCU’s established partner relationships with:
- Gold Coast Health Service
- Northern NSW Local Health District
- Mid North Coast Local Health District.
Careers in mental health:
- Credentialed Mental Health Nurse
- Psychiatric Nurse
- Psychiatric Consultation and Liaison Nurse
- Clinic Manager
- Case Manager
- Team Leader
- Service Manager
- Triage Manager.
[/su_spoiler] [su_spoiler title="Master of Healthcare Leadership"] The postgraduate credentials you need to work in and lead a multidisciplinary health team in private practice and public healthcare environments. Ideal for: Psychologists, occupational therapists, social workers and general health practitioners wanting greater clinical and industry-based, evidenced-based mental health knowledge. Learning outcomes:
- Flexibility, more opportunities and more transferable skills to take with you into the future.
- Assess what makes great managers and clinical leaders.
- Examine how internal and external environments can impact contemporary health care delivery, and how effective, strategic management can help mitigate negative impacts.
- Develop clinical leadership skills to identify strengths and get the best out of your team, build your reflective practice and constructive feedback, and learn how to inspire distinction in others.
- Learn from world-class health teachers and researchers – academics from SCU’s School of Health and Human Science achieved an Excellence of Research for Australia (ERA) score of 5; evidence of outstanding performance well above world standard.
Careers in healthcare leadership:
- Unit Manager
- Quality and Clinical Governance Manager
- Program Manager
- Chief Executive
- Care Manager
- Practice Owner
- Hospital CEO
- Medical Practice Manager
- Pharmaceutical Project Manager.
World-class clinician researchers and peers
Whether you choose the Master of Mental Health (Nursing) or the Master of Healthcare Leadership, you’ll be learning from world-class health teachers. Academics from SCU’s School of Health and Human Sciences achieved an Excellence of Research for Australia (ERA) score of five; evidence of outstanding performance well above world standard.
And, you’ll be learning alongside like-minded peers who are already experts in their field – those with significant professional experience. Will you meet the co-author of your next published academic paper, or a networking contact to help you land your dream job?
The sky’s the limit with Southern Cross’ online healthcare postgraduate courses. Speak to one of our expert Student Enrolment Advisors today on 1300 589 882 and find out whether the Master of Healthcare Leadership or the Master of Mental Health (Nursing) is the right degree to take your nursing career into the future.
Alternatively, download the flyer to compare the online Masters courses.